Home Chat General Chat

back pain???

Hi all, first off, big thanks to all who replied to my other post about doing my first tri.
I did the horwich tri for my first one!!! lol
that first mile on the run is a killer!!!
managed to finish.

My query for this post is, after finishing the bike and starting the run, I get really bad pains in my lower back, not spinal ones more muscle, does anyone else get this? Is it possibly just from running uphill?
Does anyone know any exercises i can do to help stop it happening.

Signed up for macclesfield sprint and hopefully doing nottingham sprint, time off from work permitting.

Comments

• jacjac Posts: 452
    Most likely down to position on the bike.
    Get someone qualified to take a look and get you fitted up properly.
    It would be worth doing some core and back strengthening exercises too.
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    it doesn't feel like that kind of pain, its hard to explain, feels more like either side of spine at the bottom, doesn't ache after a training ride on the bars, just if i go straight into a run.
    Anyone know anywhere good to get bike fitting done for bike then, as I just put bars on and moved em so i felt ok
    Whereabouts are you?
    O I that might help
    in Stockport, south manchester
    A lot of the guys on here will vouch for Bridgtown Cycles in Cannock. I've never used them but everyone seems to get on great with them.
    I use a place in Leeds, Woodrup Cycles, which is excellent.
    A mate has used Tri Central in Manchester for a fit and has been flying ever since!
  • 101SUSY101SUSY Posts: 53
    I get a bit of back pain as you've described, it usually helps me to do some side twists in my warm up and some side stretches, as I think it's my running gait that causes it (I twist about a bit). It hurts worse after races as I don't get chance to do a back warm up after hopping off my bike.
    might try some of that before my next one, its a weird pain
    happens right at the start and then goes, like its happening from bouncing when running
  • Have you tried stretching your hip flexors??? If they get tight they can tip your hips forward and put pressure on your lower back. There are some really effective stretches out there.