Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuit - what is the benefit of upgrading?

dhcmdhcm Posts: 67
I have a BlueSeventy Sprint entry level wetsuit. What are the benefits from upgrading to a mid-level suit and what would a typical time saving be over 1500 (for a rubbish swimmer c.31mins for 1500 w/o wetsuit)?

All comments welcome.

dhcm

Comments

• FirestarterFirestarter Posts: 120
    Negligable at best....

You may be able to remove it quicker and some slightly improved bouyancy but a drastic improvement on times will only come from training and coaching.

However...............You sir are a triathlete, therefore you are obliged, no, commited to spend every penny you earn on stuff you dont need, if that means spending £350 on a wetsuit that'll gain you 30sec for a 1500m swim then by GOD its worth it!!!!!!
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    I thought it's also about the game of trying to get things past the WAT officer.

Now a new wetsuit is only third down from sneaking a new bike in the house, 1st must be a endless pool in the garden.
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Sorry, nick, I disagree, 1st is building a 25/50m pool in the garden, depending on the garden!
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    I'm going to start digging tomorrow, I'll tell her it's a sandpit for the boy.

Maybe I could also put a cycling track in, or is that takig it too far?