Home Chat General Chat

sunnto T3C and T4 compatibility with accesories

diddsdidds Posts: 655
I have a Suunto T3C with associated heart rate belt, footpod and bike pod.

Unfortunately my T3C has disappeared off the face of the earth and I cant find it anywhere. there's a T4 ("old" gear) on ebay at a cheap price (£20 currently) which might do as a stop gap as I have AT70.3 in ten days time (!!)... but...

does anybody know if the T3C compatible chest strap, footpod and bike pod are compatible also with the T4?

failing all else I'll race with a normal watch and go by RPE... but the benefits of the HRM would be nice to have in the race.

???

didds

Comments

• ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    Didds I have a T4C and I believe that everything is compatible between the two types apart from cadence unless you have a 'C' type. I got mine from www.heartratemonitor.co.uk and found their info pages really good and they were really helpful when I spoke to them. If in doubt you could give them a ring.

Ade
  • I have got the Tc3 and bike pod and, while I am afraid I know nothing about the T4, I can really recommend the Suunto customer service department. I have emailed them twice with questions regarding issues I have been having (operator error ) and they have got back to me straight away. It would be worth emailing them to find out as they were very quick to respond to my questions. The email address is globalhelpdesk@suunto.com

Good luck!
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    Yup, they are
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    well, I emailed that address and got an instant rejection as I hadn't raised a case via the website. It gave me a link to do so, and i've raised a case via it now with my query.

I have no faith however that they will respond because they have never responded to the last two cases I raised via that very same system last year in September and October, that are still listed in my questions profile and have never been answered yet. Frankly their Cust Svc is bloody terrible. (In 2008 it was fantastic, but apparently no longer).

didds
  • I'm surprised to hear that your experience has been so different to mine - I just checked and with the last question I emailed the help desk at 3.52 and the reply was in my in-box at 4.30 on the same day. Can't fault that. Hopefully this time will be an improvement for you...
    on the basis of everybody else's positive feedback, I also added another case - a repeat of the repeat of then one I raised in September last that was never answered (nor the initial repeat in October).

I have already had a reply for the newest case... but... none as yet for my T4 query. :-(

didds
    the man from suunto he say... YES!

(all except a cadence sensor which i do not have!)

didds