Home Chat General Chat

horwich triathlon

anyone do the horwich tri yesterday wow that is one hell of a tester can anyone run up that god damn hill???

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Yes me.............

sum the run up in one word:

BRUTAL

I have never run anything like in my life. I simply couldn't believe that climb to the Pike. My legs are totally wrecked today.

The bike was a good bit windy, my ave speed was done because of that first section where it was right in your face.

Still it was well run and was good prep for IMUK
  • steve785steve785 Posts: 52
    had a great swim,bike was brill but that run!! did it last year so knew what was coming, still couldnt run up it though epic events always throw a curve ball in somewhere in their events need new set off legs for work tommorrow good luck with the ironman one day i will do one
    I had an indifferent swim, kept an easy pace cause I had been warned about keeping a decent pace.

Bike was ok, when I set off on the bike that bloody wind was really pushing back on the bike.

I still enjoyed it, it was good fun. I would've been better with a pair of trail shoes!!
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    yes i did it do, my first ever tri at any distance lol
    swim and bike times were what i expected and hoped for,
    but that first mile absolutley did for me, ruined my overall time!!!
    To be fair it ruined most people. After the climb to the pike my legs were ruined.
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    for me it was the climb up the road to where it flattened out a bit first before the pike, about a mile,
    i knew how bad the pike bit was!!!