Home Chat General Chat

training programme

Ok have a question for ye..

Training for a half ironman and have a 20 week programme (in week 5 at the moment).
I try to stick to it, but due to job and social commitments i usally end up swapping sessions around. Rest day might have a swim and might cycle 3 days in a row and so on. However i try to stick to the weekly total hours.

Will this result in junk sessions and injuries??

Comments

• largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    I'm in week 17 and I think its working fine by me. I try to do the long bike followed by the long run, followed by the rest day, but apart from that its pretty much all over the place.
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    Sounds im on right track so...!!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I don't see any harm in moving sessions about a bit, I have done that all through my IM training program (I'm on week 22now) and i haven't encountered any problems, but i would say that you should rest on your rest day (or another day every week) it just gives you time to relax and feel better. Or at least thats how i feel about it. As for Junk miles, it doesn't matter if you follow the plan to the letter or move it about, junk miles are junk miles. Ensure you have an aim for the session, know the purpose and make it quiality then you should aviod junk miles regardless of when you do the session...actually i really must focus on that more myself