Home Chat General Chat

waterbottle help

Hi, I've been looking on the net for a waterbottle I saw on a recent Triathlon.

It's a waterbottle that has a side opening so you can squirt more fluid in without removing it and it has a tube that comes up to the handlebars.

Does anyone know where you can get one of these?

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I did a quick serach using the words 'water bottle side opening tube' and got a guide on how to smoke cannabis

Is it this triangular jobby here:
    http://www.tfn.uk.com/acatalog/Biking_Accessories.html
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    The product in question is a Speefill bottle, Ive seen them in a few events and they dont seem to give you an energy drink shower like the profile bar mount setups
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Ahhh! brilliant - that's the exact one - but hell I'm not paying £80 for a water bottle!!!!

Thank though
  • FatKnackerFatKnacker Posts: 36
    You'll never be a real triathlete unless you spend stupid money on stuff that looks good but makes liitle difference to your performance...

Go on shippers, you know you want to...

FK
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    Or you could spend £20 and get the Profile aero bottle and bracket at Kudu bikes.

I just ordered today - I'd been put off previously by all the tales of spillage/ gatorade showers etc. However apparently the new design has solved all that. fingers crossed.
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    I might be mistaken, but I think he said "I'm not paying £80 for a water bottle" what sort of a triathlete is he.
    Tesseract wrote:
    Or you could spend £20 and get the Profile aero bottle and bracket at Kudu bikes.

I just ordered today - I'd been put off previously by all the tales of spillage/ gatorade showers etc. However apparently the new design has solved all that. fingers crossed.
    Even if it still acts like a shower, some electrical tape and well placed bits of plastic bag inside the rubber spill stoppers make the world of difference - also some strong elastic bands to hold it in place and minimise the rattles.
  • Question about the Profile Design bottles.....what do people put in them?? Their regular energy drink, or gel????? Is it just a more convenient way of drinking whilst in the aero positon?
    yes its just more convinient and you can drink whilst still in the aero position.

i use normal energy drink + nuun. the large profile bottle has 2 chambers so you could have 2 totally different drinks on the go
  • Cheers for that. Think I might invest. I take it it's one size fits all Tri bars??
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    If you have the really narrow bars it just fits in (alledgedly) ie the ones that kinda go Y. If you've wider bars you'll probably need the bracket, ie bars that go II.

On the downside Kudus are out of stock of the bottle just now, it's back in stock in two weeks, but it was around £13 for the bottle and £7 for the bracket. The bigger bottle with two compartments is more.

I'll prob use Gatorade in mine for longer runs, just water for short ones. I think the aero advantage comes from being able to maintain position, with the added benefit it's "in your face" so you remember to drink more. I have seen studies that say a normal bottle on your downtube actually gives an aero advatange though...
    Tessaract, you are right about the aero advanrages, in fact the conclusion was that a Camelbac was more aero than having bottles mounted behind the seat. Having a Profile bottle conferred a greater aero advantage than no bottles at all.
    http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/ ... ttles.html

Ave. Drag 40 km 112 mi
    base bike, no bottles 7.537 1:07:26 5:56:48
    down tube bottle only 7.370 1:06:58 5:54:29
    seat tube bottle only 7.433 1:07:09 5:55:22
    bottles on both tubes 7.598 1:07:36 5:57:38
    Profile bottle only 7.337 1:06:53 5:54:01
    Hydropac w/40oz. only 7.556 1:07:29 5:57:01
    Never Reach only 7.561 1:07:30 5:57:07
    behind-seat low bottles 7.658 1:07:45 5:58:27
    behind-seat high bottles 7.578 1:07:32 5:57:27

There were another couple of studies in similar vein and drwaing the same conclusion if I recall but it is late and eyes drooping. All good fun to debate.
  • Conehead.....we've you been!????? Thought you'd defected to a lesser forum!!!

Good advise on Profile Design bottles, I'll be using mine for IMUK. I'll be in touch fir that ride through the lakes. With the weather getting better, the riding/views are stunning....that said, I was out round Ambleside the other day and lost count of the amount of tourists that nearly took me out!!!! ;(
    The only thing I find with the Profile design bottles in the bloody noise they make - no mater how hard it strap them down they wrattle all over the place! very annoying when I try to make my bike as 'tight' as possible, any noise is energy wasted!

and even when I have strapped them dow the straw starts wrattling - ARHHH.

I thought about a camelpack but you can't refill these on the go.

I'm still not paying £80 for a wattle bottle! :roll:

oh - I have a profile design bottle holder which clamps on to tri bars and lets the bottle fit, free if someone wants to pay the postage?? - new in packaging.
    Graham, what I do with my Profile is to stick neoprene foam on with double sided tape the width of the aero bars and it jams quite nicely between the bars, whack on the elastic bands and rattling solved. I then gaffer tape every orifice (on the bottle that is) and water splashes kept to a minimum
    LOL, thanks for the tip. I'll wait before I cut up my wet suit.....

I will definately try it, as I said it does my head in....