Home Chat General Chat

Windsor

I'll be doing Windsor for the first time this year and am surprised at how early the start times are. My wave goes off a little after 6am and this isn't really conducive for getting friends and/or family along to support which is disappointing. My wife would love to be there but with a small baby to organise its just not pracitcal. I recently did the Eton Supersprint and it was a great day out for all but this one seems like a bit of missed opportunity by the organisers. Anyone know why this is? I'm assuming its a local council/police thing and not being able to keep the roads blocked off for too long...

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Exactly that. Windsor is a fantastic event, but sadly it is a very early one. Lovely ride out in the country though.

I did the sprint last year which meant I was all done and dusted before 8am! But surprisingly well supported even at that time!

Doing the OD this year with a much more respectable wave time of 7.50am... :roll:
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    it is the greatest race of the year, with a great bike but as the roads are not closed to cars then its better to get everyone out before traffic builds up. Last year i hit some traffic coming through windsor great park, i got very cross. You will love it.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Team Laws are racing the OD too. Watch out for a bike going so slowly you'll think I'm not peddling

www.teamlaws.co.uk