Home Chat General Chat

4 weeks from Half Ironman to Super Sprint

diddsdidds Posts: 655
Picking brains here...

I am in my 2nd full season of tri, tho arguably 3rd season of training.

Just finished 5 months training for my first half ironman, and raced last weekend. Base is EXCELLENT, though have niggly groin injury that appears about 8 Km into a long run.

I am looking for thoughts on how to train for a super sprint (250m, 10 K, 2.5 K) in 4 weeks time....

limiters are lack of pace in everything!

didds

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    If its the event i think it is then I wouldnt bother and let me beat you!!!!LOL

If you need speed then I would go for fartlek training over a short distance and keep increaseing the distance you faster for.
    As the run is short I would do a 5k max run and look to nail it in 19 mins by the weekend before the race.
    As for the bike get some fast hill climbs in to build the legs up for the last hill and some hard sprinting on the flat.

Hope this helps.

Blinkybaz
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    It is the same event Baz (if there are spaces left) and I suspect you'll beat me anyway!

didds
    what that hill like Baz? length and gradient etc?

didds
    Its about a mile long but not that steep. It just drags.
    It gets me down to bottom gear on the second chain ring.

If its closed for entries which I thin k it is a lady I know is selling her husbands entry. If you are stuck.

Hope to see you there.
    I had a word with "the man" and all is sorted.

Me and Mrs Didds in her first tri

didds
    Then I shall see you there! Post your number when you get it so I can give you a shout!

Good luck to your good lady!