Home Chat General Chat

*** Cycle horror ***

Was out last evening on a 2 hour session. Got a glass beer bottle thrown at me from a car passing (prob doing 50mph) luckily it just missed me but as it landed 3 ft in front - glass shattered all around so missed picking up the reg. Bit scarier than the usual close passeres, people cutting you offs and various screaming idiots.

One positive note, the f-ing biggot bastards made me speed the last 20km as was seriously pissed off.

Comments

• largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    Not good is it.

I too am fed up with impatient morons. But drunken post-match? hooligans is a whole new level.
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    Cocks!!!!
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    OMG! I feel for you.

Do these people realise oh serious it would be if we were to come off.

A few weeks ago a guy drove by me and let off a air horn as he went by. I jumped out of my skin. Again I was very angry, tried chasing. got close when he hit a set of traffic lights....

These idiots don't think, I would love to point out the errors of there ways. And if I catch them I will.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Total cocks........
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    On my way home tonight (driving) on the other side of the road a BMW cut up on purpose two cyclists. People do not realise how at risk you are on a bike.

Cocks cocks cocks cocks.
  • GrahamRGrahamR Posts: 15
    Every so often you get your own back though. A week and a half ago I was out on a ride and a battered old K reg Peugeot full of teenagers slowed down in front of me and some of them leaned out of the windows to provide some 'encouragement'. Now I'm grown up enough to keep my head down and ignore it.

But as they tried to pull away the car stalled so now followed about 200m of screeching noises from the starter motor and graunching as he tried to get it going again. But don't worry, I managed to suggest some encouragement to them as I went past. Priceless!