Home Chat General Chat

Training Plans

I've just planned a very generalised calendar for the rest of the year, but now I am trying to develop 6 weekly training plans giving me 2 plans for an easy week, 2 for a medium week and 2 for a hard week, what I'm hoping to do with this is to stop my body becoming accustomed to the same routine week in week out and as this is my first year besides gaining experience I'm wanting to develop a solid fitness level in order to be able to compete next year. Most of the events I have are sprint distance culminating in London with an oly. Currently I have the strength and speed but poor aerobic fitness which I'm looking to correct.

So if anyone has any tips or can help me with the planning I'd be hugely appreciative as I don't really know how to structure a weekly training plan effectively as yet. Oh and I'm looking at doing around 8-10 hrs of training a week...

Hopefully [8D]

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    The structure is really down to choice I guess but something along these line might work

Mon - Run

Tue - Swim

Wed - Bike

Thurs - Off

Fri - Run

Sat - Swim

Sun - Bike

By varying the volume and intensity of the work on each day will give you hard medium and easy weeks.

As the season progresses and your first try approaches then you may want to swap some of the sessions for combined work outs where you do 2 or 3 events in each work out....

If you are lacking aerobic capacity i'd suggest doing work in zones 2 and 3 (between 55% and 70% HRR - 70-80% HRR) a harder work out here being one were more time is spent in zone 3 or the work out is longer in zone 2..

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    in essence your aerobic fitness can be acrued through many varying forms of exercise .. you obviously could stick rigidly to swim bike & run .. or mix it a little with others such as rowing or circuit training. a good complement to your current regime of SBR would be spinning. Also whilst you acquire and build a good base of endurant fitness you can again tailor this with multiple sessions swim to bike amd also bike to run. throwing in a few training races say a local 10km run wouldnt hurt either. also tag along with other people from your tri club see what you can pick up from them.

madnurse
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Thanks guys will be sure to try and put some of that into practice! The more I learn the more I realise I don't know anything!
  • queasyqueasy Posts: 10
    Hi my training follows this roughly

mon am swim pm run or swim run am

tues am bike run short run off bike

wed am swim

thur long run

fri am swim pm short bike

sat off

sun long ride with various run times off bike