Home Chat General Chat

Liverpool Triathlon

Anyone doing Liverpool Tri this weekend?

Comments

• AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

Yip....................I'm in

First ever Olympic Distance

Race No 172 with an 8am start time

Any more takers?
  • MaccladMacclad Posts: 16
    Yup I'm there. Hoping for 2.25. 8.45 am start.

Atomic - your with the elites, what time you aiming at?

M
    Macclad wrote:
    Yup I'm there. Hoping for 2.25. 8.45 am start.

Atomic - your with the elites, what time you aiming at?

M

Yip.................Don't know how that happened.

I'm aiming to finish on the same day that I start .............Anywhere under 3 hours and I'll be quite happy, 2h45 and I'll be ecstatic.

If you find someone collapsed on a tartan towel in transition.........that'll be me........say hi
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    I just hope the swim goes ok, not done any OW practice this year. So if you see me flapping for the first 1300 meters just tell me to get my s*** together.

Want to get under 2.40, but we'll see how it goes.

I was in the docks swimming on Sunday and the water was pretty calm and quite warm.

Watch out for the little jelly fish though
    pretty calm and quite warm
    Happy days that's what I want to hear.
    Atomic wrote:

Nice- anyone for a bit of in swim nutrition? I guess they would be a bit like a gel?
    Macclad wrote:
    [quote="Atomic":33jwuu72].

Nice- anyone for a bit of in swim nutrition? I guess they would be a bit like a gel?[/quote:33jwuu72]

But taste better

How did everyone get on?

Results are up now.

I managed 2:49:53 so delighted.

What a day though, absolutely boiling
  • redgrifterredgrifter Posts: 14
    Well done atomic. Liverpool was my 1st tri, entered the sprint and was hoping to beat 1hr 30 and came in at 1hr 30m 33 so happy with that. Something to improve on next race, wished i pushed a bit harder on the bike but its all a learning curve eh? i passed plenty of people on the run who were suffering in the heat tho so probably as well i never.All in all a good day and seemed well organised for me as a 1st timer.
    Well I absolutely bonked the run in the heat!

My skin felt brittle and crispy and I was very concerned that if I ran any faster I would go over in the heat.

So I managed a 49 for the 10k, which I am pretty disappointed about. But 2.30odd for the distance. Swim was good, cycle fine. Could have done with some shade. But good support, although the main marshal (him with the hat and whistle) made me tighten my chin strap in T1 and go back a good 3m over the bike dismount line at T2. To be honest, some carpeting on swim transition would have been nice. and they should have been a bit clearer on the transitions in the race breifing.

M
  • redgrifterredgrifter Posts: 14
    yeah the run to T1 was very stoney! surely hiring more matting wouldnt cost a fortune.That marshall with the hat gave me a yellow card for looking at a message id recieved when i was packing my gear away! When i asked the reason for the rule he said its because if people are on the phone they wouldnt hear any safety info. Does that mean the deaf/hard of hearing are barred from competing?? Seemed a load of petty b******s to me.
    I got 2.56 pleased with that, I've only done three training swims this year. Bike was good and very pleased I put my aero bars on, and the run was so hot. Well organised and thinking about doing that one next year.

One thing though I did not realise it was salt water, what a dumb ass!!