Home Chat General Chat

SRAM wheels

okennyokenny Posts: 231
I have been looking around for some new wheels for my Specialized Transition TT bike...

An SRAM S60 front and an S80 on the back would look fantastic and they really are a good deal...
(the colours would even match! )

Anyone got experience with these wheels...?
I am about 88kg (193lb)...they reccomend a may rider weight of 220 - so I should be good, right?

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Funny you should mention that, I was looking at these online the other day and spotted a pic of what your bike might look like. Nice!
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    wow, that does look nice!

I will be able to put it in my living room without my GAT officier complaining!

My transition almost looks like any other bike due to it's lack of carbon wheels....ugh.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I don't like the aluminium braking surface - adds weight and looks ugly.

then again - I'm not paying for them and it's not my choice.

For the record I run Pro-Lite 50mm tubs on my bike. They seem very good TBH

http://www.pro-lite.net/?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=37
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I ride carbon wheels with alu braking surfaces. I have seen people expressing concerns about the potential for exploding tyres due to the temperature differential between the tyre bed and the braking surface but never had a problem myeslf.

I suppose that could be because I don't brake much
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    I can imagine myself changing wheels a lot if I had the SRAMs......I don't have much time and definitely don't want to be switching break pads too....
    Also, the brakes on my TT bike are not that strong (aero brakes) - for very hilly triathlons I would like to have the braking force of an Alu rim....