Home Chat General Chat

Hyde Park Triathlon in July

PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
I want to watch the London leg of the ITU World Championship Series in Hyde Park in July. Are tickets required or do you just turn up?

Did anyone go last year and do you have any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    you can just turn up. gets a bit busy around transition, otherwise there is loads of room. not sure if you need tickets for the stand but it is not a major problem if you can't get in there as so much room elsewhere
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    Thanks
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    I've looked on the site and I cant find any info relating to staying nearby.
    Are there any areas set up for motorhomes or is it going to be a case of joining the herd on the way in then parking up miles away?
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I very much suspect it's a case of parking miles away and joining the herd I'm afraid
  • dhcmdhcm Posts: 67
    Hyde Park is bang in the middle of London's most expensive area. Moreover that area is notorious for its lack of cheap parking. It is rumoured that the value of a dedicated parking space in Knightsbridge is roughly equivalent to buying a house. There are plenty of commercial car parks (mostly underground ones), but they will charge a fair amount and probably won't take motor homes overnight - indeed many will not have the height clearance to get them in.

There are loads of places to stay nearby. Unfortunately they will be very expensive. E.g. Hilton on Park Lane is right across the road from Hyde Park, but cheap it will not be. Further afield there will be cheaper places, though anything central is going to have a fair price tag.

Probably best to find somewhere further out, and then travel in to Hyde Park on public transport, or cycle in if you don't mind traffic and unsympathetic drivers.
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    dhcm wrote:
    Hyde Park is bang in the middle of London's most expensive area. Moreover that area is notorious for its lack of cheap parking. It is rumoured that the value of a dedicated parking space in Knightsbridge is roughly equivalent to buying a house. There are plenty of commercial car parks (mostly underground ones), but they will charge a fair amount and probably won't take motor homes overnight - indeed many will not have the height clearance to get them in.

There are loads of places to stay nearby. Unfortunately they will be very expensive. E.g. Hilton on Park Lane is right across the road from Hyde Park, but cheap it will not be. Further afield there will be cheaper places, though anything central is going to have a fair price tag.

Probably best to find somewhere further out, and then travel in to Hyde Park on public transport, or cycle in if you don't mind traffic and unsympathetic drivers.
    Oh arsecakes.....thanks for the info guys.

Coming from the North I have no concept of traffic or unsympathetic drivers.
    The only reason I,m doing the event is my employer Corus/Tata offered me a free place and I wanted the experience of taking part in a big event.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Don't drive in London in a Motorhome.

Nearset site I can see is Abbey Wood

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclu ... csid=21814

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=s ... CBYQ8gEwAA

1hr to London Victoria by train from Abbey Wood