Home Chat General Chat

Aldi Tri-suits !

Hi everyone, from Thursday Aldi will be selling ladies and mens tri-suits for £15 as one of their weekly special buys.

It might be rubbish, but worth a look for that price !

Comments

• TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    Thanks 101SUSY - I bought 3 of these a couple of years back, a fantastic buy for the price.

Here's my review (assuming they're the same and not improved):
    Pros
    > Full lycra suit, with breathing/mesh panels on side, and padded as you'd expect.
    > Great price
    > Comfy

Cons
    > Some stitching came undone and needed resewn (is that spelt right?) - could just be my big equipment though
    > Looks basic

Overall they've lasted well, I'm still using them for training. I only ever used for training, and used my expensive trisuit for racing, but this means they've stood up to a fair bit of usage. I do need to wear shorts over them now as they're suffering from that chlorine damage thing that happens
  • 101SUSY101SUSY Posts: 53
    ooo! that pesky chlorine damage !

Thanks for the review. Having made a complete and utter spectacle of myself trying to take a wetsuit off today I am now convinced of the wisdom of one-piece suits to wear underneath, so I think I'll give it a try.
    Having made a complete and utter spectacle of myself trying to take a wetsuit off today
    That sounds like a swim suit / exposure story if ever there was one...where's Coma?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Speaking of which who was the lady who showed me her lady lumps at 3 Spires on Sunday in T1. (not just me I hasten to add in case Lady Britspin is reading this).
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    anyone going near an Aldi's and can pick up a ladies Medium & I can pay you back? Would be fabulous & great for a training suit!
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    Speaking of which who was the lady who showed me her lady lumps at 3 Spires on Sunday in T1. (not just me I hasten to add in case Lady Britspin is reading this).
    Suprised she had any lady lumps to show - it was blooming PERISHING, wasn't it?!!!!

PS. " Lady lumps"?!!!!
    I picked up three this morning, they've also got loads of cycling stuff, so it's pretty geartastic.

The suits don't look quite as good as the last ones though - having said that I haven't tried on yet. Just basic black and white for the blokes, the ladies get a bit of colour.
  • 101SUSY101SUSY Posts: 53
    Tesseract wrote:
    Having made a complete and utter spectacle of myself trying to take a wetsuit off today
    That sounds like a swim suit / exposure story if ever there was one...where's Coma?
    Yep, I made a pure arse of it haha ! Fortunately it was just me and the really nice woman in the shop, not an entire T1 !!!

I have taken my new suit out for a test run tonight, after hustling with the jakeys outside Carluke Aldi's this morning at 9am to get it (and matching bike gloves and bike gizmo). I was really happy with it !

Pros :
    Cheap
    Really comfy
    Good, er, support

Cons :
    A bit skimpily cut round the arms/chest, I felt a bit exposed (mind you, I am normally used to running in long sleeves, so that might just be bashfulness)
    Zip comes way beyond the bottom of the internal support, which is rather transparent, so I probably wouldn't have the zip down at all.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    PS. " Lady lumps"?!!!!
    I was trying to be polite....ish.
    Have to post a new review of these suits, as they're totally different from the last versions.

The lycra is pretty weak, which means they're quite comfy, but not as supportive as the old suit, eg no compression benefits. They're also borderline for when they get wet, they don't excatly hold things in, if you know what I mean.

The padding stops too early, and is painful in the aero position (for guys, can't comment on the ladies clearly). Having just been in agony for an hour's cycling session prompted me to update this. I thought my man-bits were getting cut in half !

They are ok for running still.

I could live with any of the above, given the price, except the pain when cycling as it defeats the purpose of a tri-suit IMO.