Home Chat General Chat

Which Tubs?

I just got myself a set of planet X wheels but know little about tubs and a lot of reviews I've read are pretty damning! Does anyone have any recommendations. I race up to middle distance at the moment and am stepping up to the big one next year so am looking for something pretty versatile but also fast. Up to now I've always used Continental clinchers which have been great.
Any advice gratefully received!

Comments

• hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Continental Competitions are the shizzle....Expensive but well worth it. No punctures other than when a lorry mangled me at the Dambuster Tri 2 weeks ago..... and one puncture during the Tour of the Peak last year but that was a well worn tub...

I have prob covered 1500m on my current set with little wear and no problems.

TIP: Some people will say pre stretch them before mounting them. DONT as you can rip the stitching which in turn puts minute holes in the tube inside itself. Then you have a slow puncture....

Make sure you get the 19mm ones:) great feel and supremely fast!

Ribble cycles are doing them for £45 at the mo....and if you buy 2 and use the code on the home page you should get another 8% of i think??

Normal price is around the 55-60 mark
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    and one puncture during the Tour of the Peak last year but that was a well worn tub
    Come on Hussler thats only half a story.....
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Mangled by a lorry? Race report, please, preferably over in the 'other place'.
    and I still couldn't overtake him
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Shadowone1 - by that do you mean you were you driving the lorry?

Sorry Hussler - you've been great helping out with tips and we cheeky little monkeys have been ribbimg you - not fair.
    No No.... I was sooo slow in the swim that by the time I got out on the bike I couldn't even overtake Hussler who had been mangled by a lorry....I was taking an age on the bike as well....
  • ianbromianbrom Posts: 6
    Thanks Hussler, I got the 19mm Conti Comps @ £45 from ribble, just got to get the damn things on now.
    Whilst I'm here the tubs are for my new Planet X 82/101 wheelset which they have just reduced by 30% to £399, yes £399!!!!