Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuit - Under arm 'flushing'

ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
Had my Orca S2 for a couple of years now and pleased with it but due to my:
a. upping the distance
b. tempo
c. losing weight or
d. combination therof
now getting water 'flushing' into my underarm area which is a bit chilly and putting me off my stroke.

You will no doubt be heartened that I have been spending a lot on kit recently, my bike is now officially worth more than my car, but I am looking for best value/bang for buck.

I understand the 2XU T:O SS10 is very good in the underam dept and would appreciate any help/suggestions/advice/gold bullion bars etc

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jmurt71jmurt71 Posts: 46
    Sounds like you've stretched the armpits - do you hang the suit on a clothes hanger to dry? - as that can happen if you do that.
    +1 for the Helix - fantastic suit. In the meantime, when you're training get yourself a rash vest from a surf shop to wear under the old suit - this should stop any chills (you can even get toasty wooly ones although you definitely don't need them this time of year)
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Thanks CH, I think as JM says I may have stretched the suit and tried a compression top underneath which has helped a lot.

I think I may have also lost a little weight on my upper body, i.e. my man boobs have shrunk.

Blue Helix - I am now hurting from my expenditure; I know I must spend money until I have sold evry other possession and taken out 3 mortgages on my house but the max I can spend is £150-175 - have thought of hire though.

Thanks as ever for your suggestions
  • CH, please forgive me if this is a really basic question but I live too far away to come to your training sessions to ask in person. Are you saying that once we have put on our wetsuits we should get in the water, totally submerge to get wet inside the suit then get totally out the water again? I have never done this and have not seen the members of my club do it but does it make a difference the performance of the suit during the swim?
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    anthony, in theory yes get in, pull the neck away and fill with water, then get out of water and push all the water out, it kind of works like a vacum-sealing the suit so it doesn't get more water in there...and it also can keep you warmer as the water warms up and stays there (peeing in your suit may also do this )
  • Aha, thank you. So what you're saying is that it depends on the water temperature on the day then...
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    If you've got an old wet-suit then use in the pool and fill it with water and try and swim. As CH says its like pulling a 1lb of extra weight.

If you get in the pool then fill it with water, get back on and push all the water out. Then when you get in the water the wet-suit is sealed and hardly lets any water in.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Or you could just pee in it - but then nobody does that eh? :roll: