Home Chat Race Chat

Ironman Switzerland 2010

13»

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Very true, i hope it cools a bit before then.

Does anyone have any idea of their race number - i know IMUK people have theirs already so I was wondering if Switz has different arrangements (i.e. find out at registration or something?) Any one know?
  • robertc2robertc2 Posts: 8
    md6 wrote:
    Very true, i hope it cools a bit before then.

Does anyone have any idea of their race number - i know IMUK people have theirs already so I was wondering if Switz has different arrangements (i.e. find out at registration or something?) Any one know?
    I know im going of at a tangent but i would like to pick your brain please.

im going to enter next years event and i would like to know if you would mind passing on any info that i will find useful please.

such as hotels and how the event was put together i hope you can help thanks and at least your swim will be nice and warm.
  • bbambbam Posts: 30
    Hi there!

I am competing in Ironman Switzerland next week and was wondering if anyone could help answer some questions for me please?

The Ironman Switzerland website says there is a ''Food Area with low price menus specially geared to athletes' requirements and various coffee bars with delicious cakes and snacks''. Does anyone know what kind of food this inculdes and have any idea of the price???

What is the price of food and drink, transport like around Zurich?

Any info would be appreciated. Hope everyone's training has gone well!!!

Thanks

Ben
  • esbenesben Posts: 1
    Hi all

Does anyone know what the procedure is regarding picking up water/food/gels etc at the food/drink stations on the bike leg? Are officials handing it out for you to grab as you drive by, or do you need to get off the bike and serve yourself?

Thanks,
    Esben
  • SicknoteSicknote Posts: 4
    Hey Ben,

Transport around Zurich is fantastic, the trams run like clockwork as does everything else as you'd imagine from the swiss, the trains run every 10/15 minutes into town from the airport, the only snag is the 101 escallators you have to go up/down.

The food is normally of a good standard and healthy(ish), and pretty reasonable considering where it is. I thingk they served a variety of pasta's and other high carb meals last year.

Esben,

The food stations are manned by the most helpful poeple around, they will do everything possible to put it in your hand as you cycle on past.

Hope that helps,

Still not that keep on the water temp, 26 deg C today.

Mike
    OK good luck everyone I hope it all goes well for you, see you on the other side
  • CJBeattieCJBeattie Posts: 8
    good luck this weekend!!

I've been looking at doing ironman for a few months now, and have penned in 2012 for my first crack. Finish this season's rugby, then dedicate from April 2011 until june --> August 2012 for IM. Is that a good enough timescale based on your own training experiences?

Would be interested to see your thoughts on this event and let me know some details...

flat, hilly, hot, cold etc. hydration stations that kind of thing...

Have a great time guys!

Craig
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
    just a quick one to join in, yep agree with IronKav, Zurich is bloody expensive, and the expo was really costly 12CHF for a bowl of pasta with (what tasted like ragu sauce)??? 5CHF for a small coffee??? Christ i'd need a mortgage to spend any time there. I sold my soul and that just about covered it.

The aid stations were great and very well stocked but when i tried to have some coke it was NOT flat, which gave me really bad gas and indegestion or about an hour of the run. it slowed me down a great deal and left me feeling sick, lots of retching (although that could also have been partly due to other things)

All in all a great race, pleased myself given the injury in th ebuild up, and well done Darran with the foot injury and everything else you did fantasticaly mate well done. And the high 5 on the run really helped pick me up too, i think that having a friendly face on the route is a real help.