Home Chat General Chat

sore feet

i completed IMUK back in august and have since decided to do it again. i had problems when i was out on the run where by 13 miles my feet felt like the skin oin the balls of my feet was compressed and very sore. i had no blisters by race finish, just very sore feet. has anybody experienced this before themselves, knows what happened, can advise a remedy? knows a cure? any help much appreciated.

Martin

Comments

• Have you tried Surgical sprirt? by wiping it over the sore area it toughens up said area. Works on areas that get blisters so may work on this issue (although i know its a different issue)
  • the skin in that area is pretty tough already, not sure if it being tough it was causing the pain as no flex in the skin. never had the problem in any of my 3+ hrs training runs, but did have it on race day, along with sore ankles. wondering if its a shoe issue?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Hi,are you using different trainers for training and racing?????.
  • i have 2 pairs one for racing and one for training, both same model shoes.
    Okay that blows one theory out of the water,what about the effect your bike shoes may have,do you wear socks for both the bike and run.It could easily be wet feet from the swim not drying out on the bike.Instead of harding the soles try massaging them with hand cream this will soften and make them more flexible.Hope this helps.
  • i wore socks for both the cycle and the run sections, and changed them after the cycle, but both were similar model of socks
    Sorry peddlers that's me stumped I can only suggest using witch hazel,this is used to reduce bruising as well as a multitude of other ailments.