Home Chat General Chat

Nutrition Caddy

Hi All

Sure you have heard this a million times before, but first post and first tri is London in 3 weeks time.

Looking for some help with regards to a nutrition caddy for the bike leg. Wiggle do a Lezyne one, but it's out of stock, does anybody know where I can get something similar etc. Have seen an ironman one, but can't remember or seem to find the website again!!

Thanks for your help in adavance!

Cheers
Andy

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    do you mean a bento box sort of thing that sits on the top-tube near the handlebars?

chain reaction cycles have some in,including the IM ones: frame fit bags

what distance are you doing?
  • Yeah that's the one, thanks. Have just checked Chain reaction and out of stock but have now found another site that does Lezyne

Doing the OD, thought I'd throw myself in at the deep end so to speak!

You doing it too?

Thanks for your help again.

A
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    You shouldn't need a bento box for an OD.

At most you should need two gels, water+nuun and possibly some energy drink.

I use my bento box for long training rides and LD tri's. Anything under HIM and you shouldn't need it really.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    glad that you managed to find one for the race, and best of luck with your first race and first oly!

i'd echo what s11 said, for an oly you probably won't need the box, or should be able to carry all the goo and water you need on the bike/jersey pockets.

this is your first race though - if you feel more confident having the box there and all the stuff that you can pack into it, then use it. don't feel you have to use all the stuff you put in it, but there is no reason not to take if it means you have less to worry about on the day.