Home Chat General Chat

Tatton Park

BexHBexH Posts: 226
Is anyone doing this this year? Or has anyone done it before? Any info would be good as I don't know the area at all and have entered the Oly in Sept!

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Funnily enough I pulled my Tatton t-shirt out of the cupboard today for my commute!

Did the OD last year and loved it! Beautiful location. The bike is pretty flat with a few rolling bits, and the run is more cross country with some wooded sections which took me by surprise when I turned up as I didn't expect it. Great fun though. Loads of places to view for spectators as well.

Great event all round. You'll love it.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

Im also thinking of doing the oly.

I've heard that it's a great place for supporters to come and watch.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

Yeah

Nearly £70 for the oly. Is expensive.

Will be my last tri in my first year so maybe splash out.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Wanted to do Bala Standard the week before but can't because of a family event.

£67.50 for an Oly is very expensive, and no reduction for BTF members. But I have heard really good feedback about it so I will give it a go.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Yes expensive I know but it's my only big tri this year that I really wanted to do and wasn't booked up by the time I could afford it. Then onto the Eden Project Marathon in October eeekkk... Thanks for the info- sounds perfect as nice bike and I love cross country compared to road running so all good. Hopefully we can arrange a 220/BCTTT meet-up for those also attending? Oh yeah, is it river or lake swim?
    Lake swim, one lap. Remember it being shallow for quite a way near the exit so worth swimming as far as you can I'd say rather than trying to run in the shallow bit.

You'll have a great day!
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    I'm also doing tatton oly this year, first time.
    watched friend do it last year, looked a good one to do, great for spectators. course seemed quite a fast one judging by my friends times
    Just a note... bike course was definitely short. Think it was advertised at 38km and clocked it at about 36km I think.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Well looks like a picked a nice one then. Lake swim is extra good especially now I'm used to more sea swimming! Cheers for the info!
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    think the bike leg is actually 36.5
    I did a couple of laps round it the other day, I think they have mapped it from the start of transition back into transition and just times it by 4, if that makes sense