Home Chat General Chat

Tour de France

First time I've watched a full tour this year, started off just checking out the gear then ended up getting really involved in the race it self. Great viewing.

Whats everyones thoughts on Mark Renshaws actions? The head buts looked pretty justified to me as he didn't cycling in a straight line. (Can you justify a head but in a cycle race?)

Not sure if I get the whole bad attitude towards Contador for attacking while Shleck's chain came off, thats just racing in my eye's! Although there seams to be a heap of unwritten rules on sportsman ship within the riders.

Loved the Borat spectators on he last mountain stage! you could see Shleck laughing at them, despite riding up a mountain at 20mph for about an hour!

Awesome Athletes!!

Comments

• TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    Supposed to write

'Mark Renshaw was cycling in a straight line'

It was what he did after the heads but when he was pulling back I didn't lke.
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    insane stuff - 180km on average per day for 3 weeks. Time trial last night, Cancellara won with an average speed of 51km/h...
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    Just watched the finish

Mark Cavendish = Usain Bolt on bike!!
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    Pretty much agree with what you've said....compelling viewing made enjoyable by good commentary. Did nt watch every minute but the politics and tactics added to the event.
    The freak show that the spectators put on alongside the riders just tops it all off.....