Outlaw Bib Numbers / Spectator Pack available

ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
Hi
Bib numbers and spectators info pack available
http://www.onestepbeyond.org.uk/the-out ... athlon.php

I am 751, think I'd better get a few training sessions in before the start

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    i think jodybear is doing this one... if you see an enormous beard and floral trisuit then that'll be him.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    537 for my day of pain

Ade
  • I'm doing it too number 250
    See you all there
    The panic is setting in.
    No energy, knees hurt, bike faulty and sent back to wiggle. I love it when a plan comes together!!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well hope we all have a good day; Stu hope you get sorted out in time. Couple of work colleeagues at work say they might pop along, BBQ on some grassy bank with a few beers and throw cats at me - don't ask something about cat woman from the Simpsons or something, just beacuse I've rescued some cats and catnapped one from bad owners.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Zacnici wrote:
    Well hope we all have a good day; Stu hope you get sorted out in time. Couple of work colleeagues at work say they might pop along, BBQ on some grassy bank with a few beers and throw cats at me - don't ask something about cat woman from the Simpsons or something, just beacuse I've rescued some cats and catnapped one from bad owners.
    I've now got the image of Adam West in Family Guy with his cat-crossbow shooting cats at passing runners/cyclists... sorry probably not helpful but it amused me.

So Zac, you stole someone's cat?

Good luck all you guys doing this, hope it goes well for you
    MD6 never watched Family Guy but will ask the same collegue who likens me to the Simpsons cat lady.

Re catnapping, didn't exactly steal it as that is 'dishonetsly appropriating another persons property with the intention of permanantly depriving them of it'. Nice cat, uncaring family, always came to me, was ragged and skinny and starving. Put a collar on her with a spare mobile number written on it, started to feed her, it was clear after some weeks that she was pregnant so opened the door to her much to the chagrin of my own cat (another stray) and have now found homes for her and her 3 kittens. I must also add that I did not for certain who she belonged to, didn't want to approach them as they a 'rough' family and took reasonable steps to find her owners. If it was them they clearly didn't give a toss even when she was pregnant so in the interests of her welfare I rescued her.

Anyway - if on the Outlaw bike you see a BBQing group of people with cats in cages ready to throw then that is the gang I work with, I'm surprised Pete at work didn't come up with the cat crossbow thing.

Well now on my taper, going to have a run over the bike loop one last time at the weekend nice and steady; have done all I can do just a case of sticking to the plan and gritting the teeth when it starts to really hurt which I think will be about 30k into the run.

And whilst here good luck to all on IMUK this weekend.
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    444 for me.
    Nice one G Harv - must try and do a meet at one of the briefings, I will be wearing my forum T shirt.
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Probably be getting down Saturday afternoon?
    Well peeps I'll be at the 15:00 briefing wearing white T shirt with my forum pic on the back and carrying a Street Fighting Shark drink bottle and being paranoid will alos probably attend the 17:00 briefing as well

Good luck to all.
  • Hey guys,

I'm number 410, will be arriving on Thursday night and camping on-site.

Training has been abysmal - lots of niggly injuries and that work thing disrupting me further. But hey, what is the worst that can happen???

Will try to be at the 1500 briefing and will be wearing a Royal Navy Triathlon polo shirt (assuming it still fits...!!!)

Good luck to all...

Nick