Home Chat General Chat

Recommended Anti-Chaffing Groinal Stuff

Hi All,

What's the recommended groinal anti-chaffing for tri?

1st one is a pool swim, so no wetsuit to struggle out of.

Thanks,

Pat...

Comments

• blaze1235blaze1235 Posts: 64
    I found Body Glide works for me
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Bodyglide is quite nifty stuff, smear a little on the inside of my shoes when running sockless, around neckline for wetsuit swims etc.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    I find smothering the pad in chamois creme works well too, especially for longer trips.

Ade
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    +1 for bodyglide, on feet, heel of shoes and sometimes around the tender bits before a tri. I dont think normal chamois cream would be any good cos its aqueous co would just wash away during the swim. Which is why bodyglide might be better cos it sticks. Well that was my assumption, but others might disagree.
  • AvoneerAvoneer Posts: 174
    That was my thoughts......

Looks like I need to get some Body Glide for the weekend then.

Pat...
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Bodyglide = excellent stuff, buy some!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i'd be surprised if you can chafe that much in a sprint, have you experienced any chafing with your current / anticipated shorts set up?
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    vasaline

Loads cheaper than body glide and works really well to stop chafing
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I thought vaseline would rot your wetsuit though?
    Yeah - Vaseline will rot your suit (eventually).

Either way, ordered some Body Glide.

Best bit is it's in a plastic tube/dispencer stick thing so no vaseline fingers (whatever they would feel like )

Pat...
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    For a sprint i wouldn't expect any chafing...but body glide would work for that (i'd probably have a second tube as i tend to put some on my neck and face when its cold for a lake swim...i wouldn't want to use the same one um...top and bottom so to speak
    Some of us aren't ubber tuned athletes yet though

Pat...
    Just to clarify though, I don't chaffe under normal circumstances like walking.

Pat...
    i think bodyglide is good to have about the place anyway so it isn't going to be a waste at all. good luck for the race, when is it?
    Tomorrow.

My 1st tri as well.

Done a Duathlon before, but I'm still carrying some old running injuries (ITB & achilles woes).

Will be a good "taster" to see what falls off!

Pat...
    Good luck, hope it goes well. just take the run easy at the start and you should be fine - then the most important part, write a good race report for us!
    Cheers.

Will do a full race report when I get some official times, placement and photos.

Went well though - 1 hour 22 ish and that was with my ITB playing up for the last 2 miles.

Oh, and the Body Glide worked.

Pat...