Home Chat General Chat

Sugoi shorts - Opinions?

ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
Hi

Can I ask my fellow forumites for their opinions on Sugoi shorts for 75 miles and century rides?

I don't want bibs and I keep coming back to either the Evolution or the RS (not the RS Tri). Know they are expensive but they seem to have a V good reputation and reviews but of course value your opinions most

Thanks

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    i've got some sugoi turbo trifit shorts and they have been fine for training and racing. fitting is quite tight, and the pad isn't much for sitting in them for 75miles though, but then they are a trishort!
  • nick.83nick.83 Posts: 1
    I have a pair of Sugoi cycling shorts. I used them for cycle touring upto 9 hours in the saddle. Only probs I found with them is the Leg grippers are a dense rubber band that dont let the skin breathe and caused some rashing and irritation. Not sure which pair they are now though but worth checking the grippers.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Thanks chaps

The pair I am looking at are the RS Shorts with the 'Signature leg grip' but can't find anything more on that. Everybody seems to rave about them so think I'll take the plunge.

Once again thanks
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well got the RS shorts, chamois looks a technical masterpiece, plenty of ventilation and layering creating further ventilation channels although it resembles a big willy[attachment=1:2lhnj20d]s1.jpg[/attachment:2lhnj20d][attachment=0:2lhnj20d]s2.jpg[/attachment:2lhnj20d]

Went for 50k ride and is certainly the most comfy pair I've worn but then I do have a delicate botty.

Fabric is very light, waist band is decent height so my gut doesn't flob over or expose the back to the harsh unyeilding British sun, the leg grippers are as nick.83 says a large rubber band type of thing which didn't cause any probs with me as I don't have thighs like Thor but can imagine it may cause probs with those with thighs of thunder.

Got more comfy during the ride so guess that was the breaking in and moulding process.