Home Chat General Chat

Transition Bags.

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
Sooooo looking for a new bag, narrowed it down, not due to massive choice I add....to Blue Seventy 32L big bag, or Blue Seventy Nero not so big bag, or smaller still TYR...any users, opinions, do buy, don't buy...?

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Hiya mate

I got this little beauty (won it in a free raffle on one of coney's training days)......

....i haven't used it for a triathlon yet as i use a box but it would definately do the job, and it has a 'wet' compartment to stick your suit in (my wetsuit would fit but i am only little). It also has great storage for all your other stuff and a few little zip/Velcro pockets for your change/keys etc.

Have a butchers

http://www.blueseventy.com/store/uk/pro ... ctid=16133
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Ikea bag with a brick in the bottom to stop it blowing away.

50p or whatever they are these days. assuming a free brick ;-)

didds
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Transition bag? Sorry, but WTF?

It's a bag, right? Like a holdall? But with the word 'Triathlon' written on it to make sure it costs twice as much?

Is there any advantage compared to, say, a big rucksack with a lot of pockets? I can kind of get the waterproof section idea to keep my wet kit in, but as I'm usually wearing it until it dries (tri-suit) or don't have time to stuff it in a bag (wet-suit) then I kind of lose the point.

Yes, you have a bunch of kit which you need to get from your car to T1/T2. When did a simple bag or box become a failure?

Am I missing the point, or is the Emporer actually starkers?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    As ever Bop you are correct, but I do like the bags that have an external helmet thingy & most of the bags that have those are too small for all the s***e that I take to races, the bag I currently use is waaaaaaaaaaay to big even for the s***e that I take to races & I want to replace it, I looked at other backpacks & anything any good with enough room isn't that much cheaper if at all, so the blue seventy is not a bad deal & has a sooooopah wetsuit/wetstuff compartment.
  • wow conehead, you really are a tri god! you get glen hodall to carry your stuff to transition??
  • I was looking into getting a transition bag, I have many back-packs but the idea in my mind is that it has a compartment or holding place for everything you need in a tri, main point being you don't forget something vital when packing for your big race.
    Having then attended a race at Dorney, the car park was miles from the club house and i saw several people struggling to balance a box ,and few other bags on their saddle whilst negotiating cars, children and ducking under tape. This got me thinking, a box is better once you're in the tri area because you can easily see what you need to get in and out without rummaging and it's water proof and packing it is easy, but it's harder to carry about when you have a trek to the race area. so why not create a tri-specific box, it could have compartments for bike shoes, trainers, wetsuit, tri suit .. it could even have a typical race list in built to the lid, but the best thing is that it could have a saddle shapes slot underneath that slides the box securely onto your saddle and keeps it in place whilst wheeling the bike to the race?
    A BCTTT bespoke creation maybe .. I did think about patenting this myself and taking over the world, but have decided to hand it over. Can't see any others existing on the net .. perhaps for good reason.
  • clivettclivett Posts: 1
    Try these http://www.TriBag.co.uk. They are cheap, nice and bright and solve the problem of balancing a tub or crate on your bike.
  • I bought a nearly new roomy rucksack at a car boot sale for 50p!
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    sAltBaR_active wrote:
    ....... so why not create a tri-specific box, it could have compartments for bike shoes, trainers, wetsuit, tri suit .. it could even have a typical race list in built to the lid, but the best thing is that it could have a saddle shapes slot underneath that slides the box securely onto your saddle and keeps it in place whilst wheeling the bike to the race?

I'll only buy one if its carbon....12K weave at that...oh and Ti hinges....they're lighter you know.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Wear your helmet, number belt/gel belt, trainers, socks (if used in the race), glasses, running cap can hang on your brake levers and towel can hang in your tri suit or even on your bars. Wetsuit can hang over one shoulder or even wear it upto the waist. goggles around the neck, wear swim hat or stuff in trisuit

Walk into T1
    rack your bike
    place towel on floor
    take helmet off and place it where you have it for T1
    take glasses off and place inside helmet
    place number belt/gel belt down
    remove trainers and socks (if used) and put them on your towel
    put running cap on top of your trainers.

Walk to swim start, put goggles and hat on if not already on and swim.

Thats just saved you £50 or whatever it costs for a bag that you dont actually need.

But they are nice!:) lol
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    The voice of reason has already spoken (Hussler that is brilliant advice BTW) but I have an aquasphere wet/dry holdall. One side is for wet gear, has a build in goggle pocket, and drainage holes in the botom, the other side is for dry kit, with 2 outside net pockets (perfect for water bottles but i have a rolled up waterproof and brolley, sunnies and socks and a bottle...) and one zipped pocket on the side. This stuff tends to hold my kit a change of clothes and most of the other crap i take with me to races.

I might try Husslers approach in future, or just a small racksack...
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I just get my fans to carry my gear for me
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Do Ikea bags come in RED!

Its a big blue Ikea bag for me too.
    Its big bright and water proof. I take 2 if its raining and double bag!!
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    I've got a Zoot one, it was a pressie, and it the mutts. Compartment for wetsuit, helmet, shoes etc, so wet and dry kit can be kept apart. Loads of little compartments to keep thins in, which I always leave in ready for next race, demister, bodyglide, safety pins, blah-de-blah-de-blah. Even has a little race day check list on the top flap, just to remind yourself every time you open it.

I used a box for a while, but at some races (Dorney etc), it can be a long walk from the car park to Transition, and trying to do it with a box full of kit on your bars isn't easier, and with a back on, it means you can cycle it, and back again.

Any backpack would do, but this one has a sport of carbon fibre effect, so it must be quick?
  • by hussler. » 28 Jul 2010 19:46

Wear your helmet, number belt/gel belt, trainers, socks (if used in the race), glasses, running cap can hang on your brake levers and towel can hang in your tri suit or even on your bars. Wetsuit can hang over one shoulder or even wear it upto the waist. goggles around the neck, wear swim hat or stuff in trisuit

Walk into T1
    rack your bike
    place towel on floor

Thats just saved you £50 or whatever it costs for a bag that you dont actually need.

Walk into T1
    rack your bike
    place towel on floor

Quote Quitter Re
    +1,
    how complicated is it?