Home Chat General Chat

Planet X Exocet

Hi everyone

Outside of Planet X has anyone actually ridden one of these?

Would love to read some feedback.

I've tried the search but with no success.

Thanks

Richard

Comments

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Exocet... are these the missiles the French sold to Saddam in the 80s.

Completely off topic sorry. I doubt that many have tested yet. They only came out in June. Looks good though

IK
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Lovely !
    Spoke to a guy with one at Hyde Park.
    Loads of nice little touches on it.
    Couldn't catch him!
    Buy one
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Oh they look nice don't they? I love the matt balck carbon look - almost like a stealth bomber...mmm can i convince myself that I need a second TT bike? umm, no i odn't think so. But wow for that price the frame looks great.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I got my hands on one yesterday

Unfortunately, only in the sense "I racked it at IMUK" rather than "I bought it" :-(

Mmmmmm.... purrrrrty! :roll:
  • I have one-Pink and orange. I bought the whole bike which was not great value but thats my fault for being in a rush to get one. There is a much better deal on now.

The finish is ok, not special, the paint is already chipped near the drop outs.

However it seems to be fast. Its my first tt bike and it made me go 2 min faster on a 10mile tt tonight. (21.46) Its stiff and I had no issues with the handling even with an insanely steep effective seat angle.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Two MINUTES? I need one!

What were you on before? I mean, 23.46 still isn't too bad!
  • wapwraywapwray Posts: 9
    ilovemytinbred wrote:
    I have one-Pink and orange. I bought the whole bike which was not great value but thats my fault for being in a rush to get one. There is a much better deal on now.

The finish is ok, not special, the paint is already chipped near the drop outs.

However it seems to be fast. Its my first tt bike and it made me go 2 min faster on a 10mile tt tonight. (21.46) Its stiff and I had no issues with the handling even with an insanely steep effective seat angle.

So you would recommend this as a first TT bike?
  • Gutted they almost immediately stopped selling the Exocet as a frame only option. The current complete bike deals which they refer to as their "bling builds" are just outside my price range. Hoping they come out with frame only or complete builds for those with a lower budget before next season comes around as I really want one, especially if it knocks 2 minutes off your 10 mile TT time. I might even win in my club TT's for once if that were true for me as well!