Home Chat General Chat

Its a bit mad! But I am glad I have done it!!!!

Hello Forumites

Its been awhile since I last posted. Been off on my own training camp in Bali (well thats a holiday really0

I have had a moment of possible madness and entered Iroman 70.3 UK for 2011!!!!

The biggest fear it seems was acyually filling in the form and hitting submit.

Bring on the training, Anyone else in for next year yet?

Comments

• huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Good work, I'm just browsing events for next year but not committing to anything... yet. A month or two relaxing before starting the entries but maybe a few runs to keep reasonably in shape
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Bloody well done, you will not regret it. I'm sat here basking in the glory of having just finished IM UK over the weekend, and part of my training was Wimbeball back in June, and it is awesome. Hand on heart I enjoyed the IM UK 70.3 more than the full IM UK. It's just less painful, and much more enjoyable, and you feel you've been part of an 'event'. It seems expensive when you enter, but when you get there, and do it you get to see where the money goes.

Book a hotel now, as I had to stay in Taunton, but better still, camp, just seemed the best thing to do.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Ha ha! Nice one Baz!!! That's a killer of a course though right?

Oh bugger. I'm tempted now.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Dave if you do the first victory finish pint is on me dude!

Triumphant - Is the camp site close to the lake? I live in Somerset and only 20 miles from Taunton so distance isnt much of an issue! WELL DONE on the IMUK. what was your time?
    I've applied for approval with the WAT...

Oh god. I don't do hills!
    Dave its in the southwest we dont have hills do we?
    Can anyone who has camped there before let me have some details? Will they take a camper conversion van and is there elec? Address or web page?

Cheers
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    this is one that i am considering - still deciding wether to do another IM next year or stick to a few 70.3's and then do a foreign IM in 2012... i may have to enter this one too
    Looks like it could be a 220 met up! Now where are those T-shirts Mr Roberts printed!!!!
    Looks like you'll be buying me that drink Baz!

Just completed my registration. Bring on Wimbleball 2011!!! WOOHOO!!!
    Guys, if I'm not racing with you, I think I'll be volunteering at this one. I enjoyed the weekend at Wimbleball so much this year, that I'll be there next weekend doing something.

Good luck, you'll love it, but get training on those hills, both bike and run!
    Dave - That pint wis poured and colling! Are you going to camp?

Triumphant - Are you going to camp? If so which site?

Bring it on, I love hills (well small ones)
  • My brother and I have just registered for 2011 so if anyone fancies a Guiness or two afterwards give us a shout
  • Just of of interest chaps - are you going to use a road bike because of the hills or a TT bike?
  • Does anyone recommend any accomodation around Wimbleball ?
    EssexBloke wrote:
    Just of of interest chaps - are you going to use a road bike because of the hills or a TT bike?
    Doesn't make any difference. First half of the ride the TT will triumph, but the second half the road bike will.

Just ride the course in advance, it's worth it.
    Thinking of hiring a campervan as will have the misses and little 'un in tow so will definitely be a a campsite.

Recommendations most welcome!

And road bike for me, with compact!
    I emailed the lake campsite and they arent taking bookings yet. I will also be taking my camper van.

As for a road bike or TT/ Its road bike fopr me as thats all i have.

GThat pint or 2 sounds good.
  • Chaps, the campsite you are talking about - is it the Halfway Carvan & Camping Park next to the Halfway House Inn ?

http://halfwaycaravanpark.com/

If so, do you know if you can take BBQ's onto the campsite as myu brother and I were thinking of throwing a few steaks on to go with the Guinness afterwards?
    I cant remember which site I emaioled now! I hate my work comupter.

Triumphant can you help with the best campsite details? (I will PM you tomorrow if you havent seen this by then)

Blinky
    Campsite details are here, http://www.swlakestrust.org.uk/leisure- ... eball-lake,

I came within a gnats testicle of entering again, but backed out at the very last screen. Just need to re-check my diary, but if I've got anything in the way I'll move it. Really want to do this next year, and it'll be my main 'A' race for the year.
    Looks like the forumites at 70.3 next year is growing!.

Thanks for the link Triumphant. Go on enter.
    Just read the link and tyhey are taking bookings for the weekend now!