Home Chat General Chat

bored bored bored bored bored

OMG sooooo bored!

NEED SOMETHING EXCITING IN MY LIFE.

Will triathlon work?

Comments

• How about this to focus your bored mind?

http://www.nxtri.com/news/registration_ ... ser_manual
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    The great Gary Roberts is bored

You could always
    design forum t shirts
    or. Publish a triathlon magazine
    or. Design a new web site for triathletes

but since you have already done those maybe just get back into enjoying the sport,sticking two fingers up at injury,giving lack of fitness the bird and just enter the Barton sprint tri,it could take your mind of boredom,you know it makes sense.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Or maybe you could ask a billion questions on swimming and running and cycling and bikes and bike maintenance and kit and gear and maintenance and recovery and nutrition... Oh wait... you did that last year!!!

Sign up for an Ironman Gazza. You'll never be bored again, you'll just worry that you haven't trained enough.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    I'd go with Flavadave, and sign up for an IronMan. Today is my first day in work after IM UK on Sunday, and when I finish at 5 I have nothing planned, no swimming, no running, no cycling, no nothing. First time since my 30 week plan started on 04th January, since then every day has had something IM related to do, and every spare moment was taken up reading about IM, researching IM, and craping myself about IM, but today I am an IM, but with nothing IM related to do. Ho hum!
  • I knew i could depend on you guys.....

I may well get back to the tri website, but change it's direction. What would you like to see on a tri related site?

I know I haven't been about much, but I haven't stopped training! I will still be competing in a few races as before!

As for ironman, you've done a perfect job of putting me off again by detailing how it takes over your life!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    chaserace, sunday.

you can still enter.
  • 45CDO45CDO Posts: 44
    Base Jumping....
    garyroberts wrote:
    As for ironman, you've done a perfect job of putting me off again by detailing how it takes over your life!
    Okay then, maybe just a half. UK 70.3... 19th June 2011. See you in the water.
    Getting into the water is the easy bit, it's getting out, and then doing the rest that is the challenge
  • HIM might be worth a look, how's the training schedule for one of those?
    GAz, not really much more than an OD, just train slightly longer. If you're tempted, then do Wimbleball. It's a real event with atmosphere, and support all the way. Camp local, make a weekend of it, once parked no need for the car, everything is adjacent to the campsite, and your wife and daughters will get to see you numerous times throughout the race.

Book now, avoid disappointment, and give yourself a target to focus on and work to.
    Gaz, I did the swashbuckler this year and got away with not much more than I would do for an OD. I wasn't quick, but I loved it!

Furthest I'd run before was 8 miles, longest bike was 100miles, but that was a one off... most weekend rides were between 40-60k.

The swim, well its only 400m on top of an OD swim.

Bet you could do one now! Yeah yeah I know... you want to do it fast! Well maybe do the first one slow, get a feel for it, then nail the next one!
  • Gary, Dave....

you're both legends in these parts.....i'd be foolish to ignor your advice.....

Having seen so many from the class of '09 graduate with a IM medal, I think I'm going to have a go (half to start i think)....

Still need to fix these foookin shins first though.....would you believe they still give me pain, I currently run no more than twice a week just to manage the pain, i've filled in with copious amounts of rowing!! Cycling is going great, working on increasing cadence at the moment, so if you see some chap peddling like a madman on a nice flat section, that's me refusing to change up a gear

As for the swim, well, I've forgotten what chlorine smells like! But that's no big deal, I was never fast anyway, my guess is that I could get back in the water and within 2 weeks be pretty much back to where I left off....

Have a sprint in a months time.....although I haven't run 5k in 5 months, nor swam in about that same time period, I am still settling for nothing less than a PB.......i'm a fool
    Still problems with the shin splints? Man, that's tough... Fingers crossed, touch wood I've been pain free for a while but I completely laid off running for approx 3 months at the end of last year. I didn't even run for a bus. Still terrified they'll come back... Not pleasant.

Good to have you back on the forum Gazza!