Home Chat General Chat

Another IM UK race report

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    De ja vu. Well done Hussler.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well done Hussler - what a lucky escape! By the way congrats, hope all goes well with the wedding and my best wishes for your future life with Mrs Hussler
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Nice report Hussler and well done. a very impressive time! i wondered why I never got one of those caps! LOL!!

Good Luck with the wedding!
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    You know you love the blue CH! haha
  • Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    Congratulations.

Have to say reading all these IMUK reports is very motivating.
  • Congratulations Jase, I enjoyed your report too....

....when you're planning a nice easy ride, let me know, I'll try to keep up!
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    You make it sound easy

IK
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    last post i read of yours was that you were going sub 10? ironman a bit harder than you thought maybe?
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Not at all, I actually thought it was my easiest race this year to be honest.

I actually crossed the line and after the sense of euphoria you get from finishing, I actually thought IS THAT IT?? WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS ABOUT??

Yes it was hard on my joints but my muscles were fine and by the Tuesday I was ready to train again.

I was never going to go sub 10 at UK. Everyone thinks I am some kind of machine and were saying ill be qualifying for Kona etc....

My only aim at UK was to finish and enjoy the day. I took it easy because I am getting married this weekend and I know how my body has rejected exercise and even found general day to day stuff an absolute chore after nailing the World Long Course in 2008 and the Euro Long Course in 2009. They are only 3/4 IM distance and I struggled to do anything for a month after them.....so add another 12k onto the run and 50km onto the bike, if I had nailed it then I wouldnt be enjoying the wedding or honeymoon.

Next year or 2012 will be the year I nail an IM..... and actually see what I can do.

One last thing to add, my Average HR didnt go above 145 throughout the whole race..... some 20beats below my threshold, where I would normally race at for Long Course stuff......
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Impresive all the same Hussler to have that margin and you also retained discipline in adjusting your hydration/nutrition strategy - well done.
  • I agree with Hussler....now i've raced it I 'know what its about'. So come next year ill be able to prepare/approach it totally differently....
    I really enjoyed my whole Iron experience and for me 14hr28mins with neither here nor there, just wanted to hear them words. All i know is next year i'll smash that time.

And to make it even better, my good ironmate John qualified for Kona.."go on my son"