Home Chat General Chat

The Outlaw - Race report

ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• Well done mate glad you had a good day.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Result! Glad you battled on and made it the end. Lessons learnt, so roll on 2011.
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Congratulations.
    Well done for battling through.
  • jrhunt78jrhunt78 Posts: 43
    Great work John - good race report too!

Your old man would have been proud of you!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Well done Zac.

Shame i misswed you did look for you on Saturday but the 3.00 briefing was so jammed i had to go to the 4.00 one.

i completed the Iron Distance Outlaw in 14.27.09.

Swim 01:06:12 (Another new PB!)

T1 00:11:07 (Full change for comfort)

Bike 06:59:06 (Chuffed to beat 7 hours and average 17mph but need to improve)

T2 00:07:47

Run 06:02:54

As you can see the run was my downfall as i got severe knee pains from my IT bands.

But dug in walked - ran when i could and finished.

G
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    awesome work, zaci, glad to see you took it on and reached the finish! brilliant race rep, too!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Great report Zacnici! Brilliantly done.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Thanks guys

A simple, silly mistake could have cocked up the entire day and months of prep - big lesson learned. I seem to recall commenting in one post about the importance of maintaining electrolyte balance as well - sheesh. :roll:

What blew me away was the support, I couldn't beleive it when I got to Lowdham island and saw all these people cheering us on; support crew, volunteers and other competitors were outstanding, smiles, encouragement it just made feel so proud to be part of this community which is at heart downright decent.

GHarv - same here went to the 4pm briefing as well, I was sat by the window and asked a question about the dry sack, had my forum T on. Shame about your ITs you were doing well but you toughed it out - spot on.

Forgot to mention in IMUK there were comments about running past the chute, in the Outlaw we ran past it twice and at the second time it was a real killer to be digging your heels in for the last go round and have someone just a few feet away going down the chute, but hey we are triathletes, we do what has to be done.
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I asked the question about the bottle drop!

So near yet so far - and i was looking for the tshirt.

G