Home Chat General Chat

70.3 2011

Guys Noob here

i want to do a 70.3 middle of next year

I am looking for a 70.3 for 2011 lots saying accepting but i can't find where to sign up on any of the sites.

Am i being dumb or does this mean they probably full?

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    If its a 70.3 you're after (i.e. Ironman branded) then try here http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3

UK 2011 accepting entries (as is Hawaii).

A lot of the smaller middle distance races probably won't be open for entry for a good few months. Did Swashbuckler last year which was great... http://www.racenewforest.co.uk/00_Swashbuckler.html

Does that answer your question?
  • I was looking at Antwerpe it says accepting entries but i can't find where to sign up

Maybe i am just being thick

IMUK 70.3 not interesting me i'm afraid lot of people saying it is very dull and i think ofr the first one i want something inspiring
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    blaze1235 wrote:
    IMUK 70.3 not interesting me i'm afraid lot of people saying it is very dull and i think ofr the first one i want something inspiring
    Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. Wimbleball is just a fantastic event, beautiful lake to swim in, lovely scenic, but hard bike ride, and good trail run, and well supported. What's more, is regarded as the toughest 70.3 in the world. What more do you want in an event.
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    Really IMUK 70.3 Boring?

I'm considering this as my A race next year the bike route sounds alright, half hills half flats? It looks a nice location too, Only draw back for me is, its early in the season, so won't have much time to get out on the roads for training.

How come its so boring? Before I part with 200 squid!! plus travel down from southern Scotland to get disapointed!!!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I've heard nothing but good things about Wimbleball. I'm reet looking forward to it.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    In terms of dullness Antwerp reports don;t strike me as it being the most interesting of routes, either the bike or the run.

Austria 70.3 (St. Poelten) has a split lake swim, a lovely bike route through the wachau, and a double river bank loop (though the section through the business park is a bit naff). Its a fast one too.

didds
  • TrekboyTrekboy Posts: 1
    [quote="blaze1235"]I was looking at Antwerpe it says accepting entries but i can't find where to sign up

Hi, I did Antwerp in July it was my first one at 70.3 distance, i thought the event as a whole was fantastic. I have heard people say the bike was boring but in my opinion it was the Fastest bike course i have ever ridden, avg speed 26mph for the 56miles. It is flat and furious and if you are looking around at the scenery are you really trying hard enough . I live in the Isle of Man so believe me hills are over rated . The run was around the city which was pretty hard going over uneven cobble stones just could not find a good flow!!!
    The swim was pretty standard fare really.

http://www.marcherremansclassic.be
    If you follow this you should be able to sign up.

I will be doing 70.3UK next year