Home Chat General Chat

Mmmmmmm... Black carbon!...

Have just taken delivery of my new Planet X Nanolight high modulus carbon frame and forks set (http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FRPXNAHIMOD/nanolight-high-modulus-carbon-frame-with-fork-and-headset), nice!

A replacement was required for my old aluminium frame after meeting head on with the side of a drunk on a moped at a little over 25 mph, not nice!

My wife took delivery and phoned me to ask, "Why has someone sent you a large empty cardboard box through the post?". She was most impressed by my 'magic trick' of producing a set of frame and forks from the feather weight cardboard box! (Well it went a bit of the way to off set the £800 cost anyway... )

I've just delivered it to the local bike shop to begin the build up from what's left of the old one (not much) and associated new bits. Will post on how it rides ASAP. All is looking very good though, anyone else ridden this frame set yet?

Anyway, just thought I'd share the carbon based spending good vibes around a little...

Mmmmmmm... Black carbon!...

Comments

• TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Sweet. Keep us informed, and full spec and photos
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Love it - another step by step build up.

I had the same comment from the Parcel Force chap with my P2 frame 'Ithink they sent you an empty box by mistake'
  • Wilf215Wilf215 Posts: 1
    Just got my black PX SRAM Red Nanolight Hi Mod delivered this week - I'm very pleased with it.

I went for the built up option with a few upgrades -Dura ace carbon 7850 wheelset, FSA SLK Pro carbon chainset, FSA carbon seatpost.

Only been out on it briefly but its extremely light and seems initially to handle well.
  • Wilf, that sounds like quite some bike my friend!

Mine will be built from the wreckage of my old bike and new bits and bobs; Fulcrum 5's, Ultegra SL, etc. - but I'm looking forward to it!

Roll on 1500 (CET) today, I'll be collecting it from the local bike shop and trying to resist the temptation to smash in a long ride (running race tomorrow ). I'm looking forward to the weekend though!

I see Planet X are now offering some amazing deal on this frame and fork set built up with SRAM Red and their own wheel set for £1600, not bad for a bike weighing in at 6.9 Kg fully built including pedals. Anyone feel like joining the party?:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/news/products/q/date/2010/07/27/sram-red-nanolight-high-modulus-limited-edition
  • Since Abercrombie and Fitch gold accessories are trendy, stock up on golden hoop earrings, Abercrombie long necklaces with fashionable pendants, and rings with prominent centerpieces. buy Abercrombie Women’s accessories make your personality and creativity shine. Update your look and pay attention Abercrombie Sale to what you want your look to be. Express yourself and put your personal Cheap Abercrombie style to the fore through these catchy accessories and fashion finds. They spice up any Abercrombie outlet dress and give you that radiant glow.Costume Jewelry.Pieces of costume jewelry really fashion forward pieces that can make you stand out. Abercrombie clothing They are beautifully crafted with stones of different kinds, beads of various colors, and fashion forward styles. Costume jewelry may look a little too much when paired with a dress that already stands out. In order to balance the look, make sure to wear one with a simple dress or Abercrombie Outerwears top.Handbags are every woman’s best friend. Functional and aesthetically appealing, these fashion accessories come in different styles these days. Don’t just go for the abercrombie & fitch generic black leather bag.