Home Chat General Chat

Sweat Gets In Your Eyes

pippip Posts: 170
Does anybody else suffer with this painful problem during hot weather.Iwent out today for a 15k run and after about 8k the sweat was pouring into my eyes.
I know i could wear a sweatband but that is very John McKenroe 70's stylye so i was thinking what does everyone else do ????????????/ If anything,or just put up with the stinging pain

Comments

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I too get this and have just discovered running caps, I now have two - an IM running cap and a Inovate .. I think - both are great - keep your head cool in summer and have a mini sweatband around the rim of the cap - you still get some sweat on the face but certainly not as much.
  • 101SUSY101SUSY Posts: 53
    I've got a 'buff' type thing that I use to run in. I sometimes have it on for the bike too, because I get earache if it's windy.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    grow bushier eye brows!!
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    Is it wrong to still base my sports look on John McKenroe?? The dude is a legend!!

Need more characters like him!
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

I think that if you spend most of your time running around the main streets of your local town in skin tight lycra...........a John McKenroe type sweat band would be the least of your worries.

Certainly is in my case
  • Have you thought about a smearing a thin layer of vaseline across the top of your eyebrows, and across the bridge of your nose
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    How about spraying anti-perspirant on your face ....

.. err ... I am actually only kidding

Second or is it third the running cap
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    last week i bought the assos summer head band..as i was having the same problem...def. not a mcenroe style...very light doesn't heat the head like a full cap and did a 40 miler in the sun with no probs...best £12 i have spent......errr this week...

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/assos-su ... 47705.html
    (btw picture makes it look HUGE it's not ..very discrete)
  • pippip Posts: 170
    That looks the business.Got one ordered.Cheers for the replies
  • Im SpartacusIm Spartacus Posts: 204
    Hmm, shame they don't do one in carbon. I may have been tempted.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I may have missed the point here, but I don't get sweat in my eyes, maybe i'm too fast so i flows back up and around my head... or more likely i just don't get it in my eyes. I knew that neaderthal heavy brow would come in handy one day
  • johnocjohnoc Posts: 1
    get a sweat gutr... problem solved.
  • petewanpetewan Posts: 1
    I actually have only had this issue in very recent times. Sweat has always got in my eyes eventually but never really stung or itched before. I have put it down to more salt in my diet than I used to have making my sweat a little more concentrated. As you get older your taste and sensitivity for things like this can decrease so one can easily add a little more salt to your food. Decreasing this again helped me and I don`t notice it the same. If ever I do struggle I think back and yep sure enough remember adding more salt to food the previous evening. Sounds a bit obscure but I found it worked for me.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I have a running cap - like the ones Tim Don and that lot use. You can it on backwards and it stops the sweat from running down your face. It also has the added bonus of stopping the sun from beating down on your head during an exposed run.