Home Chat General Chat

aero wheels

hi guys,
just done macclesfield tri last sunday, used my new kinetic one aero wheels, only 31mm alloy ones as apposed to my r500's
was just wondering if anyone knows the benefits of going to 52mm mavic carbones over 31mm wheels
£750 for the wheels,
How much difference will they make?
At the moment i generally average 20mph for upto 25miles, 21.5mph for 10miles
is it worth getting them or should i wait till i get better??????

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    You're a good level now, ave 20mph over 25miles is pretty decent.

I would think you would get more benefit from having disc rear and 50mm front. However having the 50mm front and rear will give you a more aero benefit.

Your ideal set-up would be deeper rear section or disc with a 50mm shallower front. You'll notice a difference with that.
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    cheers for saying that!!
    lol
    i know about discs and all that, i'm trying to justify spending that much money on wheels if they wont make that much difference over the ones i have got!!
    Been reading up and realised that the ones i bought are only 33 g heavier than the r500's i did have on and 7mm deeper so might get a bit of benefit from them for now!
    Shame money doesnt grow on trees!!!

Looking forward to Tatton Oly now, really wish they did aero enhancements for my running lol
  • This is the biggest bullshit I have ever read.

Perhaps here is my account number, sort code and Pin number, please feel free to raid my account?

Or how about this... please find your IP address banned, username banned for putting your sh@t crap on this forum. So please dissapear to hovel that you unearthed yourself from.
    he obviously doesnt believe in the benefits of aero wheels!!!!
    whats his problem? can we report him?
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    I suspect S11 has already nuked him.

Googling for rosehabe provides interesting reading e.g "rosehabe is a Banned in the NBA Basketball Forum"
    lol put him as a foe anyway lol so cant see his posts now

My enquiry is gen

I would love some mavic carbone sl wheels but at £750 i need to know if they be any use for me at the moment
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    pm'd you a link
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Go over to http://www.bcttt.com. And look in the tech section of the forums,under the thread of wheels,one of the guys runs mavics cosmic,so it will provide you with some info.The wheels will depend on the courses you intend to race on,flat,then go for a more deeper section,hilly and technical,then it becomes a different kettle of fish,a wheel that is good for everything,if your budget could stretch to around a grand then looking at Corima Aero wheels,might give you an answer,this is then followed by another ten replies telling you their wheels are best.

You could try trawling the TT(timetrialling)forums for a more difinitive answer.
  • wraghwragh Posts: 6
    I would wait until your performance has improved a little more. Alternatively spend the money and find out for yourself!