Home Chat General Chat

How many events?

I was talking to a friend the other day and got round to the topic of how many events was I doing with this being my first season of tri. I'm currently booked to do six (with the first 4 spaced out over 7 weeks which I feel is a bit much but that was poor planning on my part and relying purly on local events). Next time I'll plan it a bit more carefully on the spacing. However how many events do folk generally look at doing in a season?

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    I have 3 planned though not entered all of them yet...this is my first season to

Stratford(pool sprint) , Ironbridge (sprint) and london (oly)

maybe use each of the close races as training to practice the different skills swim, bike, run and trans and maybe not worry about times for the other 3...unless one is London or your other "special" race

doesn't sound like to many to me though

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Hi BonusB, this is my first yr as well, & I've planned 8-10 tri's. Done a couple of duathlons & a tri already, & mine are spaced out at 2-5 week intervals, with a couple back to back. There's a few 5/10k races thrown in for good measure too. Don't know if that is too many, I'll let you know at the end of the season. If I have any energy left to type!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    hi ... seems 1 or 2 in your 1st year isnt enough for any of us ... am entered in for 3 sprints & 2 olympics (so far) and a few 10k runs for good measure - poor admin meant i have a sprint followed by an olympic with 6 days in between but what the hell. . . if i get a hang of the wet bit before the bike I may throw in a few more ...

whatever or how many you decide good luck !!!

madnurse (phil)