Home Chat General Chat

Dumb question about Goggles.

Having tried lots of different Goggles with little success I have found the Aquasphere Seal mask to be the best suited to my face by far.

The Dumb question is, are these types of 'mask' goggles permitted in all Tri events?

Thanks for any responses in advance[:)]

Comments

• hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    I cant answer your question but I too have a seal mask, I have only done pool triathlons using googles. Agree with you though the seal mask is a comfortable fit.
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Have used aquasphere seal goggles for all tri's so far (open water and pool, sprint to middle distance) with no problems - they're the only ones that don't let water into my contact lenses.

• Pat, have just seen this about your goggles. Are the aquasphere good enough to wear with your contacts then? Being as short sighted as I am and struggling with a very good but normal pair of goggles, it sounds as though they are what I am looking for! I know it says on the packaging that they are guaranteed leak proof but I didn't really believe them!![8|]
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    hi,sorry to say this but my aquasphere goggles leak so despite them being comfy I reverted back to normal swimming goggles,guess I have a funny ill fitting face.
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Guess we're all different! I must have tried every make/type/brand going over the years but only the Aquasphere work for me. I don't much like looking like an oversized fly but at least I can wear my lenses and have a vague chance of seeing where I'm going ......
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Ive also tried loads of pairs of goggles, even the Aquasphere 'eagles' and they have all leaked for me.[:@]

The Seal Mask has done wonders for my swimming. I can now see where im going![8D]

• rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    Hi New to this forum - Just seem the comment about shortsightedness and goggles - was at TCR on saturday and Aquasphere now sell prescription lenses for the eagle goggles if I could have remembered my prescription I would have bought some ... has anyone tried them ??

• Not tried them but they got a nine in this month's 220 gear tests. The lenses appear to be sold seperately and at £16.99 they look to be good value too.

As an aside a pair (plain & smoked lenses) are the free perk with the 220 subscription offer this month.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Hi - new to the forum as well,

I am tempted to try the Aquasphere mask as most other goggles i've tried either leak or fog up very quickly.

Can anyone recommend clear vs tinted lenses - mainly pool swimming but building up to the UKIM 70.3 in the summer.

• rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    Samutri

Have you tried the Aquasphere Eagles ? -- I have a pair and I was very impressed with them, no leaking or fogging problems for me and they come with interchangeable lenses - 1 clear pair and 1 tinted pair.

It seems that goggles are like saddles - everyone has a favourite

Good luck with your search for goggles.

RJ