Home Chat General Chat

One piece tri suits......aaaaaggghhh

Have started a habit of doing my running training in my trisuit. I prefer to use small running shorts but anyway to the point: 2km to go back to my house and nature started calling, and it wasn't no 1 and it was URGENT!

Prob my worst experience ever, looking around thinking of should try to go somewhere, trying different running techniques to see if it helped, focus on a happy place as I seriously didnt think would make it back, or even get the bloody suit off in time....

Barely got back and of course wife is faffing around in the loo, so she got a earful to get the fxxx out of the toilet cause nature cant be stopped...

Had to do some serious sweet talking to the wife as she wasnt happy with my outburts nor state of the toilet.

Comments

• TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Trisuits are a nightmare. I learnt my lesson early this year when out on a long run, and had to unload on a golf course, sorry. Immediately when I got home I ordered myself a two piece trisuit that I used for both IM and HIM races, the panic of a trisuit during a long race doesn;t bare thinking about.

However, I was told that if you don't touch cloth during a long ride/run, then you're not going long enough.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Yes and its even worse with the wet-suit..... at Trentham this year I was getting ready for the swim start, putting the wet-suit on and the anal devestation was on the horizon. Cue manic sprint to the toilet... I nearly missed the swim start because of it!!!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I had to leave my calling card in the new forest during swashbuckler after probably an hour of enforced walking. Anything above a jog was dangerous.
  • And remember to make sure that your wetsuit cord isn't dangling into the portaloo before unloading...

Still I think most of it came off during the swim... Sorry Outlaws!

FK
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    And there was I thinking I was swimming through weeds
  • Out on a long run, found a nice hedge to crouch behind, hidden from the road. Two horseriders came past - cue embarrassment!