Home Chat General Chat

run pace/distance gadgetry

Mrs Didds has started to run again, and is intrigued by my Suunto T3C HRM that with the footpod provides feedback on pace and distance.

With that combo costing around £150 its way more than she wants to spend... anyone got any thoughts on a much cheaper alternative for pacing and distance gadgetry for when she is out running?

Oh - I should add she isn't interested in heart rate telemetry in particular.

didds

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    If mrs Didds has an Iphone then the addidas Micoach isnt bad. It gives you verbal feedback on each K! Calories and distance plus time/pace!
    I am using it to improve my 10K pace.

Blinkybaz
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    With that combo costing around £150 its way more than she wants to spend... anyone got any thoughts on a much cheaper alternative for pacing and distance gadgetry for when she is out running?

Can't help thinking Mrs Didds has missed a trick here. Best option is to borrow a Suunto T3C from someone who lives nearby
  • Us girls need our OWN gadgets...
  • buy a garmin from
    www.discount-supplements.co.uk use code BHOL10 for 10% off

they sell them pretty cheap anyway they do the FR60 with a foot pod.

Also they do the 310xt cheap which I have and this is cheaper than I got it for with the 10% off, I think it ends today though....
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Ash... that is of course a top option... but not much good if the T3C is on a bike 30 Km away

didds
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    What did you choose in the end Didds?
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    we were donated (very kindly) the nike sport footpod wotsit.

didds