Home Chat General Chat

Race number belts...

Hi

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a "large" race belt? Bought a Nathan secure clip jobbie today "one size fits all". Well, indeed with it at its largest I can get it on. But,... its very tight and there is no way it will be comfortable to do anything in let alone the least bit flattering!!

Cheers!

BTM

Comments

• Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    Maybe buy 2, shorten then both a bit and join them together via the clips?
  • I can make you one....Number will need securing with safety pins as I dont do toggles!
  • Having look around on t'internet I think the only option is asa suggested above... Buy two and clip them together!
  • I now have 2x Nathan race number belts, clipped together!

"One size fits all" - Shhhheeaaa riight! Seriously on full length its fine on the top of my thigh! Round the middle its just about full stretched and really not comforatble at all. Who the heck is the "all" they refer too?
  • I think that most manufacturers cater for munchkin size, as opposed to real life man size!!
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    How big are you!!!
    I've just checked both my belts and the Zipfit one is especially huge!
  • I'm 16 1/2st, 6' 1". Waist in trousers is 36-38. These Nathan belts at their longest adjustment but unstretched go about half way around my middle. Perhaps they are on the small side compared to others? I dont know, its why I posted what I did to begin with... ;-) Next event is a week on Sunday. We'll see how I go with my doubled up race belt. If anyone laughs I'll simply plough over/through them once my 16 1/2st is moving! :¬D
  • I've got a Nathan Fuel Belt thingy, I'm a svelte 29-30 inch waist (been in training 18 months and lost 3 stone, and 5 inches) and I find it tight. So it's not you, it;s Nathan
  • Thanks dude! That helps my case seem less of an issue with me just being a bit fat lardy boy
  • Quitter - I would be interested to know how long the zipfit is if you would be so kind as to measure it..? Not that I can see any of the online shops offering one...
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    BigTriMan wrote:
    Quitter - I would be interested to know how long the zipfit is if you would be so kind as to measure it..? Not that I can see any of the online shops offering one...
    I've got a 34-36' waist and the zipvit race belt fits me with some spare to slacken if needed so should be fine.

You can select it as afree gift at http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk if you spend over £25.

P.S. I would also reccomend their recovery drink rapide
  • Nice one, thanks Atomic. I have placed an order ;-)
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    BigTriMan wrote:
    Quitter - I would be interested to know how long the zipfit is if you would be so kind as to measure it..? Not that I can see any of the online shops offering one...
    sorry for the late reply -bloody work getting in the way of surfing forums

Anyway you've ordered it but I've just stepped on one end and managed to get the other end above my head so its stretches to 6ft...and it also goes around my 44" chest with loads to spare. Big enough?

It also has little loops to stuff energy gels in but i pretend I,m Clint Eastwood and that theyre for bullets. :roll: I have lots of stuff in my head like this....only some of it I can share.

When you get the Zipfit stuff - eat the cherry sweets as they are luvverly but the recovery drink tasted foul to me! As does their energy drink (Elite is it?) Waaaaaaaay too salty..reminded me of sea water
  • Excellent feedback, thanks Quitter!

Sounds like I'll be just fine with my Zipfit. Anyone want to but 2x Nathan skinny's?

Oh, and I went for the protein/energy bars rather than the drinks. Hopefully they dont taste of salt haha!