Home Chat General Chat

Free DVD

Having finally sat down to watch the USAT/220 offering part 1...not at all sure. Whilst respecting the coaches involved & their achievements, some of the stuff quoted seems a little dated & shown to not quite be the way things are. I am really not sure about the 180 - age + or - 5 beats for your 'aerobic maximum' seems as arbitrary as 220 - age etc, plenty of other examples but I don't want to sound like I am the font of knowledge & these guys are wrong, anyone else have any thoughts?
Also I take issue with the offer itself..20% discount on 5 CD series...I already have part 1..which is 20% of the series, except I have to buy it again..thus not 20% off, just the price of 220 off, nit picking I know, but really not a deal after all.

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    First off Oh fruity one I thought you had left us. I am glad that is not the case and second

I am in complete agreement with you on the DVD the whole heart rate calculator made he think abit before I realised it must be wrong. well maybe not wrong but their idea of right.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Not left..just resting.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Nice to see you back oh malty one - I agree rest V important

Re calculators I uses this site as some useful stuff and they don't cite any particular one but if cornered edge to 217 - (0.85 age)

http://www.runningforfitness.org
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    as a general aside do people really not get on a treadmill or turbo and put themselves through a Joe Friel test to work out THEIR MHRs?

didds
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I would hazard a guess that most folk take a guesstimate of their MHR & never do a field test at all. Even a treadmill test would mislead as to run MHR, as would a stationary bike vs a real bike..although the difference would be negligible in that case.