Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon Podcasts

Hi All.

After my first season of triathlons I have really caught the bug. Coming from a cycling background frequently enjoy some excellent cycling podcasts such as the Velocast and the Real Peloton.

Could anyone recommend a good tri based podcast?

Regards Derek.

Comments

• Have a look at tri-talk.com
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    david warden's tri talk ones are pretty good (now he's back doing them), and joe beer's aren't bad - since they've fixed their sound issues they are quite listenable, although they do ramble on quite a bit and i find i tune out after a while!
  • IM Talk is good. Comes out weekly and has an ironman focus.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    ris - ref: david warden and tri-talk podcasts... I love em... but if he is back anew, where are the podcasts being provided from... not on tri-talk.com ?

didds
  • IM Talk is a great podcast.

I hope the rumour that Tri-talk is back is true ... off to i-tunes now
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    didds wrote:
    ris - ref: david warden and tri-talk podcasts... I love em... but if he is back anew, where are the podcasts being provided from... not on tri-talk.com ?

didds
    they're on itunes but not on tri-talk yet, for some reason. there should be two recent ones to d/l from the applerstore itones.
  • I got hooked on these last year when I started in triathlon, I've listed a few of the ones I listen to regularly below :-
    Zen and the Art of Triathlon - been going for years and Brett who does them has a massive following now and is known by a number of pro's so he has interesting stuff to talk about. He also does much of the podcast while training which although sometimes difficult to hear I find really motivating.
    IM Talk - Best podcast for frequency of output. Focus on Ironman racing but useful to everyone.
    Simon Gowan Triathlon Show - A podcast recording of a guy from the UK who has a show in the states. Has regular interviews with pro athletes.
    The Age Grouper - A couple of guys who know their stuff in Chicargo. Best part is when they are joined buy a guy who owns a Triathlon store (Runners High and Tri) who has loads of experience.
    JBST - Monthly UK podcast done by Coach Joe Beer - Early podcast had terrible sound recordings but all sorted now. Very good content and lots of info on UK races.
    Simply Stu - Another US podcast - Knowledgable guy
    Endurance Nation - A US company that does training plans but their podcasts are great for some inspiration, they record motivational and educational talks that they give as well as many race reports from Ironman Races in the US

I download them directly to the iPhone and listen on long commutes.