Home Chat General Chat

WAT conversion tables

Surely a great way to standardise the whole WAT issue across the board. Offer a database of equivalent items for all possible tri purposes so theres no arguement over exactly what is appropriate or fair.
I find the whole WAT idea quite funny, ther's no such thing in my house as my boyfriend spends far more on star wars memorabilia than i ever could on tri gear anyway.

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    maybe you could borrow a stormtrooper helmet to see how aero it is?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    There is an easy calculation.

Tax payable=(cost of item)x2 divided by the number of times used in a year

for example,a carbonised TT bike circa £4000,only used at 10 races would create an astronomical tax,but a winter hack used for commuting daily,twice a day equals 10 times a week plus weekend training makes for a less demanding tax return.

Offsetting the tax is similar to the Kyoto agreement,tax credits may be bought or aquired from your partner if they have a hobby as well.

Caution stealth tax.Be prepared to produce receipts,your partner may have seen the offending article for twice the price you paid for it.
  • ris wrote:
    maybe you could borrow a stormtrooper helmet to see how aero it is?
    He has actually got one of those....
  • I thought that WAT was directly proportionate to the degree the WATO realised how much you'd spent and when.
    It works in reverse - Upon seeing new item of clothing / shoes on the WATO and commenting I inevitably got the response for the last ten years of "what? this old thing? I've had it for ages - God! Tahnks for noticing!" Followed by storming off.
    I believe what's good for the goose is good for the gander and it works a treat! (as do the avoidance tactics outlined by conehead).