Home Chat General Chat

GB athletes in Kona

Does anyone know someone who has gone to Hawaii??? My mates gone by himself.....would be great to hook him up with other GB athletes

Comments

• Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    I'm sure I've seen footage from some kind of athletes parade. I guess he'll get invited to that.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
  • He's been asked by the guys from TRIUK to carry the flag at the parade of Nations!!

He sent me an email with pictures of him sat at Lava Java Cafe next to Norman Stadler watching the sun go down.......sooooo jealous!!!
  • Conehead wrote:
    a total penis....
  • Cheers for that Conehead!! I'll pass it on...........we never did get out on our bikes for a long one round the Lakes. Next year perhaps??????
    You doing IMUK next year??
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    One of my mates in the RAF is there, Andrew Fisher.... He finished 9th Overall at IM UK this year with a 9:20 effort....

He should do very well providing he fuels right.. he ran a 3:01 marathon at IM UK so running is his strong point!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Certainly not knocking the guy but wasn't IMUK swim and run both well short this year - many reports made it 400m short on the swim and 1-2 miles on the run?
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I always think that comparing times between courses is pretty much irrelevant anyway. I know plenty of folks do, though (which explains why the "slow" TT courses are always undersubscribed...)
    Whether or not Bolton was short, Andy still finished 9th, which is pretty heroic! And losing 30 minutes given the conditions in Kona (the sea swim, the wind and the heat) doesn't amount to a poor showing, by any means...
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Not the point i was making Gav.

As i said was not knocking him or his achievements merely offering an opinion as to 1 possible explanation of time differential
  • Well it was my mate-John Carr's- first visit to the big island and it lived up to all his expectations. He tooked 20 mins off his IMUK time, setting PB's everywhere.
    1.06 swim
    5.47 bike
    4.00 marathon
    Total 11.01
    He was really chuffed but did say that none of his preparations prepared him for the HEAT!!!! He put factor duffle coat sun protection on but still got the best Tri suit sun tan you've ever seen...... Oh yeah and the energy lab sapped every last bit of live out of him... But he loved every minute of it

Onl
  • 29th in his age group!!