Home Chat General Chat

Turbo Trainers recommendations?

Hi All,

I am looking at Turbo Trainers on Ebay, but have no idea which brands are quiet / reliable / any good. It is raining and looks like it will be for the next 4 months, so it is time to buy one!

Anyone have thoughts / recommendations on this?

Thanks

birdyman

Comments

• Cycleops Fluid 2 - They're awesome and relatively quiet - infinite resistance curve too, so you just manage your workout with your gears.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Someone asked a similar question a while back and almost everyone rated the cycelops fluid 2. I didnt add my 2p back then, but I also reckon they are really good.
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Cycleops fluid 2 for me as well.

I've had mine a couple of years and love it.
  • Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    How stable are Turbos generally? I'm thinking when really stamping on the pedals, standing up.

Seems to me, that I would be asking for an indignified heap.
  • JimbaJimba Posts: 15
    Tacx Fortius. Expensive and software is not without problems, but I would buy mine again, I think it is superb and from what I have read the new software is amazing, Google earth images etc.
  • Aviod tacx sirus. It's cheep for a reason. It spent more time in the repair shop waiting for new parts then being used cyclops all the way
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Tacx Flow is about the best mid range turbo you can buy.....and best thing is you can turn it into using the i-magic software so you can do videos etc.

I originally found that buying a turbo with just a resistance selector lever and nothing else, you will want more......for an extra £100 you can get the Flow and it gives you power output and loads of numbers to look at to keep the boredom away.

I now have the Tacx Bushido because I take it to events to use as a warm up and I can use the same power outputs etc that I use in training.......and its wireless

Turbos are steady as a rock providing you use the correct skewer supplied with the turbo.....if you dont then you can run the risk of slamming into the wall or tv or whatever when it comes loose... i was at a training weekend last year and a girl did this and broke her arm.... she used her own skewer and it didnt fit right and it came loose. This was her first and prob last time she will use a turbo!