Home Chat General Chat

Transition from swimming to cycling to running

Hi Guys,

I'm just starting out, looking for any information I can about Triathlons, I'd love it if someone could give me any information but in particular I was wondering how the transition from each event is made. Does the event allow you time to change into the different equipment? What equipment is essential for a triathlon?

Be grateful for any info as i'd like to get started soon!

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Brilliant! You make it sound so simple Conehead!
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    However silly it all sounds.......CH is completely right in describing how most people do transitions....

Seen plenty of people on the run with their helmets still in....and some marshalls have issued three options.....

1) return to Transition and re-rack helmet, head out to run, finish the race and throw up followed by a bag of chips

2) Carry on running and carry/wear the helmet for the rest of the run, finish the race and throw up (in helmet maybe) followed by a bag of chips

3) Discard helmet on the course or give it to someone in crowd and be disqualified. Have some chips.

That was at Lincoln Sprint a few years ago
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    You could put the chips in the helmet, thus saving packaging and, by extension, the world!
  • Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    hussler. wrote:
    However silly it all sounds.......CH is completely right in describing how most people do transitions....

Seen plenty of people on the run with their helmets still in....and some marshalls have issued three options.....

1) return to Transition and re-rack helmet, head out to run, finish the race and throw up followed by a bag of chips

2) Carry on running and carry/wear the helmet for the rest of the run, finish the race and throw up (in helmet maybe) followed by a bag of chips

3) Discard helmet on the course or give it to someone in crowd and be disqualified. Have some chips.

That was at Lincoln Sprint a few years ago
    So why don't those people learn from their mistakes and at their next event take a look around Transition for the entry/exits and lay their stuff out in a sensible order??
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i want to know why the races i've done have never had a chip-van in the transition area
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    mmmmmm Chips
  • i have spent years fine tuning my transition but am struggling with the swim, bike and run part still .. there should be a relay race of 4 racers, i'll do T1 and T2 saving us vital seconds.. and the other 3 can do the other less important bits.
    but seriously .. Conehead is right.
    no, seriously seriously .. the basics can be obtained from a beginners book, magazine articles .. prehpas just a Google search will turn up a basic article on how it all works .. better yet, just sign up and give it a go, an enjoyable learning curve as described above.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    GGB wrote:
    mmmmmm Chips
    So is "chip-timing" how long it takes to eat them all after the race?