Home Chat General Chat

tri bike of road bike

I am currently in the process of buying a new bike for the 2011 season - however I am not sure what bike will be best - road bike (with aero bars) or a tri bike - my current bike is not really up to scratch so I will only have one - which should I go for - currently I am signed up for Blenheim, London and the UK half ironman (wimbleball) which is clouding my decision somewhat - any suggestions would be appreciated - budget up to an absolute max of 2.5k

Comments

• hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    If your only having one bike get a Tri bike.

Some will say you cant climb hills very easily on a tri bike blah blah blah.......try telling Fraser Cartmell that who recorded the fastest bike split at IM UK this year on his Trek Speed Concept with a disc wheel!

When do you climb a serious hill on the drops of a road bike???? Nope thats right you dont!

Therefore where do you hold the bars on a climb? The brake hoods?? if so then guess what? A tri bike has brake hoods too....same position.

Do you hold the bars on the tops during a climb? If so the guess what? you can also do that on a tri bike!!

Then once you have climbed the hill, on the descent, you will be loads quicker on a tri bike than a road bike.

If someone says "well, its because of the steep seat angle that you cant climb hills blah blah blah"

Rubbish, shift your weight onto the back of the saddle and guess what?? Your now over your bottom bracket like you would be on a road bike...

Have I sold you the Tri Bike yet! lol

And personally I hate riding a road bike with clip on aero bars......wrong position, vague handling shall I go on.....

TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE TRI BIKE

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Just in case Hussler didn't quite get the point across Triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Bike
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    with 2.5k to spend u could get a decent road bike to train on for under a grand and a tri bike for 1.5 and over