Home Chat General Chat

reccomend shorts

am settling down for a long winter of IM training and I need to give myself as few excuses to finish turbo sessions prematurely......
I need some comfy bike shorts for the lone rides, any reccomendations??

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    if you've got the spare folding then assos shorts are pretty much it for bike shorts / bibs. not cheap though.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Hi

I can vouch for the Sugoi RS shorts, not cheap but worth it:
    sugoi-shorts-opinions-t49191.html?hilit=SUGOI#p67610
  • OranjOranj Posts: 45
    Endura FS260 Pro. Not too pricey, and a good fit/comfort
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    giordana tenax for me. Half the price of assos but still mighty fine shorts.
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    I've got a pair of Endura FS260 pro bib shorts and I've also got some assos bib shorts which cost twice as much.

To be perfectly honest, when I'm riding the bike I couldn't tell you the difference between the two, they are both as comfortable as the other. I've done big miles in both shorts and alternated them (day by day) on a 1 week 1000 mile cycling tour.

The only time I do notice a difference is walking around in them (i.e. when not on the bike) at which time the assos shorts feel much less bulky and are more comfortable.

As such, it's the endura shorts everytime for me, as on the whole I don't walk around much in my cycling shorts! Compared to the assos shorts, they're either 2 for 1, or you get a new cycling jersey free too!

Assos do some lovely gear but it does cost a lot. Some would say you get what you pay for but I've done roughly 4000 miles in each pair of shorts and the assos probably show more wear than the endura.

Thats my twopenneth worth!