Home Chat General Chat

Seating Position on a MTB

Hi All
Been getting out on the MTB and got my Road time down to 23km/h but am wondering if i am sitting in the optimum position. I have found lot of info about position for road bikes and wondering if the same rules applies to MTB as well.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Will

Comments

• I am spending about 95% of the time. Only getting off it when I am doing the steep hills. All the cycling is on tarmac. It is a GT mountain Bike with full mud tyres on.

I am still working on the heather to let me get a road bike. so until them I am still stuck with my MTB.

Not to sure what DH and XC mean conehead as I am new to all of this.
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    If you are on tarmac I think the same rules apply as for a road bike (e.g. you are not worried about needing a lower seat height to cope with rough terrain)

You can get MTB tyres that are more suited for road use, they have parallel tread down the centreline. That'll give you another couple of kph. I used to be able to average 28-29kph on my mtb with those on.
  • jonnnijonnni Posts: 32
    Seating position for riding a MTB on the road 5 easy steps:

1. Step off MTB
    2. Walk to bike shop
    3. Buy road bike
    4. Remount
    5. Peddle like f**k

you should be 10kph faster
  • kevy427kevy427 Posts: 10
    Put slicks on (road tyres), lock-out the front forks (or set them to as hard as possible) so that you waste minimum amount of energy bouncing up and down instead of going forward

XC - Cross country
    DH - Downhill