Home Chat General Chat

Team GB gear

Next step up from "should I wear a lycra tri suit...
You're fat and old and crap.....should you wear TeamGB gear....especially if you then have your name put on it as well?

I like the gear but can only put in so many crap performances and claim "I,m just using this event as a warm up/recovey" before it becomes obvious I aint TeamGB.

I was thinking of getting "A Nobody" put on the front.

Comments

• Sorry - you want to wear GB kit cos you like the design but your not an Ag'er ?

I dont follow !!

IMHO thats a bit odd
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    I think you will find anyone who hasn't actually qualified for Team GB can not order kit.

When you qualify, you are sent a specific pack up that allows you to order kit from Wiggle...

The only other way of getting hold of GB kit is to:

1) Work at Wiggle and pinch it
    2) Dont work at Wiggle, break in and pinch it
    3) Get someone else to pinch it
    4) buy it off someone who is selling their old GB kit....

Why would you wear GB kit if you have not represented GB.....loser springs to mind....
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Quitter are you taking the piss here???? This is one of those stupid posts.

I think we will all wear Team GB kit for a laugh.
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    I'm waiting for the www.sneakerteamgbkit.us update.
  • Don't wear unless you have represented, use the white and blue as a target for age grouper status. What an amazing achievment to represent your country, be great to pull on the kit legitimately...
  • As the sport increases in popularity I await the moment when I spend Saturday night in the pub with 7 lager drinkers all wearing team GB tri tops with Brownlee written in 4 inch letters, just above the beginning of the beer gut...
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Assuming anyone does qualify for GB, what's the general view on wearing your GB kit for other races? Are you just setting yourself up as a target?

At Tatton last month on the bike leg I went flying past a woman in a GB tri suit. OK, I'm a bloke and she was about 55, but I think the point to remember here is I went flying past someone in a GB tri suit
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    As the sport increases in popularity I await the moment when I spend Saturday night in the pub with 7 lager drinkers all wearing team GB tri tops with Brownlee written in 4 inch letters, just above the beginning of the beer gut...
    what you've not done this already.... shame on you
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I can't see a problem :S ... Do people not buy replica kit anymore like Garmin Cycle tops, Sky Cycling kit ? Is this not the same thing ?

I personally don't wear replica kit but see lots of it around.

I do however have Team GB Tri shorts that were purchased a year or so back for £10 a pair when the Team GB kit was getting changed over. (I don't race in these, but goes to show you can pucrhase the kit).
  • Oh dear - I purchased a team GB tri suit on wiggle the other month because it was the cheapest they had. But in retrospect I am going to feel really daft wearing it.
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    Initially it was meant as a lighthearted post in the style of what GGB and Silver said WRT to the whole football/cycling top thing.

I suppose the other point I was trying to make was IF I decided to buy ANOTHER trisuit :roll: whilst I'd like to show support for TeamGB I would nt want to devalue the fact that others have legitimately earned the right to wear it.

After reading Husslers post and crying myself to sleep that night I actually think there are subtle differences to the Official Team stuff...like a ruddy great Union Jack along the side.

If you've already bought the gear....good for you. Just think how happy you'll make the people feel that pass you and the guys you beat will just say "well he IS TeamGB". Enjoy it!

One day I'll aspire to the BCTTT stuff