Home Chat General Chat

Worth changing back?

Had my road bike properly fitted for Tri this year, seat post, new stem, tri bars...all done by Mike@BTown...
Plan was always to swap back to road position for winter...but now thinking what's the point?...on good days can still get out and ride...on bad days sit on turbo in tri position...
Anything logical one way or the other?

Comments

• APSAPS Posts: 4
    I had exactly the same issue. I'm keeping mine as it is. Same reasoning as you!
  • RaphaRapha Posts: 14
    Get a winter bike - anything to get some miles on.

Riding in the winter will attack the components on your bike so its safer not to use the race bike
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    keep the bike as isbut fit some crud mud guards to help keep the bike reasonably clean. Just make sure you keep up the maintanence of the bike during the winter and you'll be fine.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Change back to a road bike.....

Road bikes are meant to be road bikes.....Triathletes get too hung up on an obsession to have 'aero bars'
    so they either do a full sex swap or they buy clip ons.... Neither are gona make you super quick that only a TT/Tri specific bike will.

Save your money and buy a TT bike:)

Oh and Shadow...... Mudguards are for girls.....man up, whats wrong with having a wet arse covered in sh*t....lol
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    ... whats wrong with having a wet arse covered in sh*t....lol
    Some people would pay good money for that
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    I know! haha Shadow obviously hasn't that kind of fetish....lol